D&D 5E Rogues Gallery for 5e, 4e

jsepeta

First Post
Is there a good Rogues Gallery for 5e containing NPCs and player character builds?

I'm considering putting together a website for this specific purpose. I recall in the 1980's there were some great resources for NPC's, far beyond TSR's Rogues' Gallery -- the materials from Judges' Guild were top-notch (City State of the Invincible Overlord, City State of the World Emperor, Tarantis are the 3 I own). My plan is to put together a large list of NPC's and some character builds to help DM's populate cities and villages and help new players jump into the game without having to spend hours building characters. The lack of a WotC-sponsored character builder is a huge detriment to the growth of 5e, and frankly, I'm scared as hell they'll discontinue D&D Insider and the great character builder that still exists for 4e. I've paid WotC hundreds of bucks over the years for D&DI so maybe they'll keep it going , but it may very well be reaching the end of its lifespan if WotC ever gets their stuff together with 5e.

scruffygrognard

Adventurer
Sounds like a great idea. As a semi-lazy DM it would be great to have stat-blocks for NPCs of various classes and levels. In fact I'd pay for a book that offered such.

jsepeta

First Post
New Rogues Gallery

I registered a domain and built a placeholder website. Still need to work on a bunch of stuff, both database (under-the-hood) and interface (the-hood). Rather than PAYING I'd like to have user submissions. Although that kind of thing could be done with EN World, I decided I'd prefer to have a little more control over it and maybe curate content. I'll reveal the domain name next weekend after I figure out how best to organize the site, and post some content. Since I'm playing in 5e and DMing in 4e, I plan to support both versions. It's easy to create new character stat blocks using a tool like the D&D Insider Character Builder, but I'm also interested in having FLUFF, not just crunch. I'm thinking of all those times I've been a player and the DM did not have time to prepare -- by having a bunch of freely-downloadable PC's and NPC's, story hooks, and other gaming aids, DM's could borrow from what they like on the site to make adventures that fit their story / world in a way that makes sense to them.

Remove ads