Mario Does D&D

Fralex

Explorer
I didn't create the character sheets, but I did create the characters. I wasn't actually very happy with them (rushed through them) so I'm glad at least a couple hit the mark. I wanted to have the classic D&D "core" classes so Luigi got stuck with cleric and Toad with rogue. I could probably switch those around, but was told by someone I trust that it worked.

Help me out here because I'm not a console gamer and I'm going on half-remembered things from my childhood: When you're fighting Bowser or other mini-bosses in Super Mario Bros., don't you get past him and jump on a golden ax which causes the bridge to fall out from underneath him?

Actually, Luigi being a cleric makes a lot of sense. After all, in both the games he stars in he's fighting undead.

And yeah, it's definitely an ax from what I can tell. I'm surprised Bowser didn't wield hammers in his character sheet. He must not've been the final Bowser after all.
190976-bowser__smb1_.png

evilbob

Explorer
Thanks! I didn't create the character sheets, but I did create the characters.
I'm sorry, I didn't even notice the sheets - I meant the characters on the sheets! EXCELLENT JOB! Yeah, Luigi as a cleric is a little wonky, but you're right - it works. Toad as a rogue actually works even better, I think. But Peach and Mario are perfect - well done!

Help me out here because I'm not a console gamer and I'm going on half-remembered things from my childhood: When you're fighting Bowser or other mini-bosses in Super Mario Bros., don't you get past him and jump on a golden ax which causes the bridge to fall out from underneath him?
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Now I get it. :)

iserith

Magic Wordsmith
I groaned when I saw this initially, as it was such a silly April Fools joke. But the effort that went into it. Wow. A+.

Thanks! Creating the characters took the most time. The scenario itself was very fast to put together.

Actually, Luigi being a cleric makes a lot of sense. After all, in both the games he stars in he's fighting undead.

And yeah, it's definitely an ax from what I can tell. I'm surprised Bowser didn't wield hammers in his character sheet. He must not've been the final Bowser after all.
190976-bowser__smb1_.png

I smell a sequel!

I'm sorry, I didn't even notice the sheets - I meant the characters on the sheets! EXCELLENT JOB! Yeah, Luigi as a cleric is a little wonky, but you're right - it works. Toad as a rogue actually works even better, I think. But Peach and Mario are perfect - well done!

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Now I get it. :)

Hehe. If you look on Toad's character sheet, his Hermit discovery is the existence of the golden ax, so presumably the players would know about it going into the scenario.

Remove ads