This spell too powerful?

Belbarrus

First Post
Hey all, just looking to get some thoughts on this item. This is a spell from Sword & Sorcery's Relics & Rituals: Taldocks Spell Inhibitor. Basically, what it does is limits the spell caster level of everyone in 100' radius to the minimum caster level to cast the spell. For example, a Lightning Bolt casted by a 12th level Sorceror would be treated as being cast by a 6th level caster, since that is the minimum caster level for a Sorceror casting this spell).

It is a 6th level Arcane spell, affects everyone within 100' of the caster and there is no saving throw.

Just wanted to get some opinions on this: Too powerful for level 6th, too weak, just right? Would you allow it?

Thanks,

Belbarrus

Janos Antero

First Post
If it affects the caster too, then it's "roughly" balanced. I don't know if I'd consider it well balanced, but it wouldn't be too bad in that case.

Dash Dannigan

First Post
Have the range effect be smaller and ramps with level and it'd be a bit more balanced (that and the caster being equally effected). Kind of like a wanabe anti-magic field, just for higher level spells or something hmmm...

Vanye

Explorer
Belbarrus said:
Just wanted to get some opinions on this: Too powerful for level 6th, too weak, just right? Would you allow it?

Well, I think the area is too large for a 6th level spell with that efffect: Antimagic Field, which is a 6th level wizard spell, totally suppresses all magic within 10feet, and it's the same level.

For the area, I'd say 7th level would be a better level, but that's just me.

Remove ads