WotBS Campaign seting, Deities

I know there is no dedicated Campaign Setting material for this, I already asked. ;)

But as for a pantheon, is there a list of dieties used? So far, having read through the 1st book guides, I get the feeling that the authors intentionally avoided creating any gods by simply stating, a cleric is wearing "a sea gods symbol" or stuff like that.

If that's the case, has anyone made the effort to map Golarions gods to this campaign? Or anything like that, that would allow me to use gods without having to make them up or have them be nameless gray masses?

(No complaint, mind, just curious)

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
You are correct, there is no list of deities. You should use any pantheon you prefer. The Golarion ones would work just fine.

Mrpereira

Explorer
I play the campaign in 3.5 and I have used the Greyhawk Pantheon - I found an expanded list on the Internet, and chose some gods that (more or less) fit the descriptions given in the books

Thanks guys.
I'm starting to think I should probably start a Wiki to collect the info that's in the books in one single place.
Anyone have 2 extra hours for each day laying around somewhere that they could pass on to me? ;)

Bill T.

Explorer
I've been trying to make it up as we go. I declare the sea goddess to be "Quenna", thereby tying the sea goddess to the city of Seaquen. On the other hand, one of the party members is playing a Ruby Knight Vindicator, so Wee Jas found her way into the campaign that way.

The "god of sunsets" threw me for a loop, though. I think I punted; thankfully, no one in the party is particularly knowledgeable about religion. Mrpereira, what Greyhawk god did you use for that one?

Bill T.

Explorer
After a little googling, inspired by Mrpereira's reference to the elven pantheon, I ran into the Wikipedia page for Labelas Enoreth, also known as "the Sage at Sunset". I figure the cleric in particular (whose name escapes me at the moment) was a member of the sunset order, focused on decline, entropy, and old age. Depressing, I know, but remember, he was looking to turn to a healing diety when he died....

Remove ads