D&D 4E Who's still playing 4E

Who is still playing 4E? I'd to know if there are any resources out there that aren't connected to DnD Insider. My group has been playing 5E since release, but we find the system lacking in quality tactical combat. I'm hoping for constructive commentary. Thanks!

D'karr

Adventurer
I'm currently playing in a 4e campaign which is based on a converted Kingmaker campaign. I'm also running a 4e home brewed campaign, in which I'm testing out a lot of 4e hacks. And until about 3 months ago I was playing in a second 4e campaign using the Neverwinter Campaign Setting. That one ended at it's natural conclusion.

I have not used any of the DnD Insider tools since they went completely online, and only kept my subscription for the Dragon and Dungeon Magazines. I still use the offline character builder, and the offline monster builder as electronic tool alternatives.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Thanks Obryn! Where did you get your 4e copy?

ZEITGEIST adventures are available from the EN World subscriber area in the downloads section, or from DTRPG or RPGNow. You can get the adventures individually in softcover or PDF format, or the first five adventures in a big compiled hardcover book.

Balesir

Adventurer
Chiming in to say we are still playing 4e with no plans to "move on".

I might break off to give 13th Age a run, though.

pemerton

Legend
I am still running 4e, but don't have any special advice to give on house rules (we use some, but mostly tweaks here and there to PC build aspects that suit the PCs in our game), and have never used the online or offline character and monster builders.

Our campaign is at 29th level and will probably reach 30th level next time we play. So its end is nigh!

I'm still running 4e, and we have a 4e and Pathfinder game that I'm in.

There aren't many house rules. 4e works pretty well, but it did get bloated, ironically more often with stuff that makes characters weaker instead of stronger.

EzekielRaiden

Follower of the Way
I would love to say I'm "still" playing 4e--the sad fact is that I'm stuck simply trying to FIND 4e games to play in!

I wouldn't mind giving 13A a try either, though I'd need to have a chat with any 13A DM about the Paladin class and ways to "fix" it or at least make it more active.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases