D&D 5E Player's Handbook Official Errata

There's a new printing of the 5E Player's Handbook a'coming. It "corrects some typos while clarifying a few rules." But for those of us who already have a 5E Player's Handbook, there's a one-page PDF of official errata now available. It contains 51 items, covering classes, equipment, feats, spells, and more.

Download it right here! The errata has already been incorporated into the free Basic Rules.

Remathilis

Legend
Interesting.

Some of these appear common sense (1/day = long rest), but some (the ammo property, unarmed strikes) are bigger. None seem on the level of 4e level errata (no re-writes, sorry GWM/SS, beastmaster, or Concentration haters) but solid stuff.

This is the level of errata I can handle.

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
I get the feeling they should have defined what a free hand is, the concept seems to come up often enough.

Also, they nerfed the Sling.

EzekielRaiden

Follower of the Way
Interesting.

Some of these appear common sense (1/day = long rest), but some (the ammo property, unarmed strikes) are bigger. None seem on the level of 4e level errata (no re-writes, sorry GWM/SS, beastmaster, or Concentration haters) but solid stuff.

This is the level of errata I can handle.

Well...I mean...*other* than the stealth and skill errata for 4e, which I think everyone agrees was major and necessary...was the errata for the 4e PHB all that much more substantial than this less than a year after publication? It sounds a lot more like you're comparing the mid- to late-cycle errata (which was for far, far more books) of 4e to the just-barely-started-cycle errata of 5e, which will never be a fair comparison.

My only real thought now is, "So much for having no errata," which is something I got told, vehemently, numerous times about 5e.

Kinneus

Explorer
Looks like a major nerf to Sorcerers and Evokers, as well as to Scorching Ray specifically (previously THE damage spell to take).

I guess they don't like magic-users blasting stuff, huh?

My only real thought now is, "So much for having no errata," which is something I got told, vehemently, numerous times about 5e.

Yeah, I have to admit I'm disappointed to see any errata at all. I was a 4e fanboy but that always irked me. Still, I suppose this was inevitable.

Remathilis

Legend
Well...I mean...*other* than the stealth and skill errata for 4e, which I think everyone agrees was major and necessary...was the errata for the 4e PHB all that much more substantial than this less than a year after publication? It sounds a lot more like you're comparing the mid- to late-cycle errata (which was for far, far more books) of 4e to the just-barely-started-cycle errata of 5e, which will never be a fair comparison.

I was just referring the 4e (and late 3e) level of "replace X power/spell/feat with Y text", which happened to powers like come and get it. Nothing here reaches that level.

They always said it would be a "living ruleset", but I think they meant "we're not re-writing the beastmaster in the second printing of the PHB" version of errata.

Evenglare

Adventurer
Im pretty happy with this errata. It actually corrects errors and doesn't rewrite the damn game like 4e. I'm good with this. I LOVE 4e, but man I have a binder FULL of errata, it's ridiculous.

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases