5E Psionics Hits Unearthed Arcana - Page 38
Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2829303132333435363738
    Grandmaster of Flowers (Lvl 18)

That actually seems really weird. I would expect them to wait for a survey, then put out the next iteration in another 2-4 months. Taking it down seems more like a technical glitch than an intentional act.

Quote Originally Posted by Yaarel View Post
    Huh. It appears, WotC removed the document from the Wizards .com website.
    [...]
    Fortunately, you can still download the pdf from the Wizards site here:
    media.wizards .com/2015/downloads/dnd/UA6_AwakenedMysticv2.pdf
    Phew! Thanks for that. For a moment I'd thought I'd finally become too dumb for the internet since I couldn't find the document anywhere...
    XP Pieter-Jan Maesen gave XP for this post
    Laugh Yaarel laughed with this post

Hydra (Lvl 25)

Why do you expect yourself ever going to go too dumb for the Internet?

Just curious ☺

Well, considering I'm not participating in any social network, not following twitter, reddit, or whatever else is currently the hottest , I'm bound to be completely segregated eventually.

Seeing Windows 8 apps with their stupid tiles is also giving me fits. What was wrong with menus and icons bars?
    After my latest iOS update I seem to be incapable of simply listening to one of my albums on my iPhone, instead I'm apparently supposed to listen to AppleMusic stations now. I already hated the 'improvements' they made the last time they changed their music app, but this is a lot worse! Whatever happened to being able to intuitively use iPhone apps? Has any of Apple's developers recently had a look at iPhone Settings? There's a bazillion of options in hundreds of different categories that for the most part make absolutely no sense to me.

I also find the WotC website to be confusing as hell. So, modern web design seems to have left me behind, already, as well.

I'm getting old

Steeliest of the dragons COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    A 1e title so awesome it's not in the book (Lvl 21)

@Jhaelen , it's not you. You're not old...or rather, more likely, I am comparably "old" to you. hahaha. But, while I can't speak to app's or i-anything at all, I can tell you as far as the WotC site, it's not "modern web design"...it's a BAD poorly designed site. It IS confusing. It IS (for no discernible reason I can see) difficult to use/find anything. So, at least in that, chin up! It's not you.
    XP Jhaelen gave XP for this post

Superhero (Lvl 15)

Hopefully those like me that don't like psionics in their D&D don't go and vote "Very dissatisfied" on everything in the poll. That helps no one.

I did participate, however, by skipping the article voting and submitting a comment along the lines of not devoting a bunch of UA articles to a single subject that a number of players don't care for (not to say they would, I just hope they won't).

Scout (Lvl 6)

Quote Originally Posted by Agamon View Post
    I did participate, however, by skipping the article voting and submitting a comment along the lines of not devoting a bunch of UA articles to a single subject that a number of players don't care for (not to say they would, I just hope they won't).
    I'm confused; so your comment was that they shouldn't try to playtest highly contentious subjects that a lot of people are clamoring for, just because there are some people that don't like the subject?

What should UA articles be for then? I thought the whole idea was that UA was for optional stuff maybe not everyone might want in their games, but some people would?

Superhero (Lvl 15)

Quote Originally Posted by bogmad View Post
    I'm confused; so your comment was that they shouldn't try to playtest highly contentious subjects that a lot of people are clamoring for, just because there are some people that don't like the subject?

What should UA articles be for then? I thought the whole idea was that UA was for optional stuff maybe not everyone might want in their games, but some people would?
    Sorry, I could have wrote that better, perhaps. I'm saying that I hope it's not the same thing over and over every month. It would be better if new content gets added to older releases. In other words, any new psionics rules just gets added to the July UA article.

Scout (Lvl 6)

Quote Originally Posted by Agamon View Post
    Sorry, I could have wrote that better, perhaps. I'm saying that I hope it's not the same thing over and over every month. It would be better if new content gets added to older releases. In other words, any new psionics rules just gets added to the July UA article.
    That makes sense. I expect they'll at least try to not have the same subject repeated from one month to the next. Unless they're trying to get something ready to go in a supplement, but given the release schedule that's unlikely, and would also presumes they'd put that much effort into playtesting if they were trying to release more splat (dubious at best).

I could see them adding psionic updates as an addendum to other UA articles, but even if they don't my guess is they'll take at least a month off in between so as to provide something for those who just don't care about psionics