EN5ider #29: As Good As His Blade: A Dozen New Weapon Properties

New for EN World EN5ider patrons! Expand the list of weapon properties to include barbed, double, awkward, tripping, and more! Along with nearly 20 new weapons designed to use these new properties, and changes to the entangling and reach properties, this article will unlock the potential of weapon design and introduce more variety into your fighting style! By Connors; illustrated by Jacob Blackmon.

New for EN World EN5ider patrons! Expand the list of weapon properties to include barbed, double, awkward, tripping, and more! Along with nearly 20 new weapons designed to use these new properties, and changes to the entangling and reach properties, this article will unlock the potential of weapon design and introduce more variety into your fighting style! By Connors; illustrated by Jacob Blackmon.

blade.jpg

Gillywonka

First Post
I'm using them but not enough yet for feedback other than we like the feel of it. The campaign i'm running is Mythical Britain 400 AD that's pretty much historically true on the human side. Because of that, the weapon selection isnt the full gamut of the PHB. While my group plays DnD, we're heavy GURPS, Runequest and BRP players... so we love these options available that dont have to make a new class to implement. Feedback to come, but we like so far!

Connorsrpg

Adventurer
[MENTION=6796103]Gillywonka[/MENTION]. Awesome. Some actual use. Given that you are running a historical-styled game, you might like our Equipment Page I linked above. Lots of options for cultural weapons. I know I spent a bit of time on Roman weapons for eg. So there I have rules for a pilum for example.

BTW: I Dark AGe Fantasy version game in Britain too, though mine is ~200 years later ;)

Connorsrpg

Adventurer
Oh wow. Currently trending well on the En5ider votes. I knew this would get nowhere near the articles offering subclasses (clearly these are the most desired rules), but I am so pleased to be up there with the next article - another add-on rules set (herbalism). Personally, I liked the pets article too and glad to see that doing well. I also really liked the 'Peace ' piece. Good theme and I like the Envoy BG. (I currently have s similar piece under consideration - meaning it includes a BG and monk tradition).

It is quite humbling to be on the heels of a writer I admire a lot (in Ari Marmel; aka mouseferatu) :D.

Now, I just need to hear from those of you that have used some of these weapon qualities. Oh, and THANKS to all that voted - not just for me, but for EN5ider in general - a great initiative by Morrus and co. (And and James is a great editor to deal with :)).

Connorsrpg

Adventurer
Any specific Qs? Any comments after actually using these? Several people said they would give them a go and give some feedback. Maybe no Fb is a good thing ;) But I am still here, and happy to answer and queries. :)

Connorsrpg

Adventurer
[MENTION=6796103]Gillywonka[/MENTION], [MENTION=7814]Moorcrys[/MENTION], [MENTION=6794176]ilsundal[/MENTION], [MENTION=25437]dwayne[/MENTION], or anyone else. I singled you guys out b/c you said you had tired or were going to try these. I am just interested in some specific playtest feedback. Cheers.

BTW. [MENTION=3444]Magistus71[/MENTION]. I (and another member of our group), had a go at some armor properties, but most seemed lame, or just cancelled out weapon properties, which to me just opens up a cyclic arms race. The weapon qualities already represent how they work with armor. Doing the reverse seemed kind of silly. If interested, here is a link to the brief discussion on our forums, as to why this has not taken off: http://connorscampaigns.wikidot.com/forum/t-1310834/armor-qualities. If you have more to add, I am listening ;)

Magistus71

Explorer
[MENTION=6796103]Gillywonka[/MENTION], [MENTION=7814]Moorcrys[/MENTION], [MENTION=6794176]ilsundal[/MENTION], [MENTION=25437]dwayne[/MENTION], or anyone else. I singled you guys out b/c you said you had tired or were going to try these. I am just interested in some specific playtest feedback. Cheers.

BTW. [MENTION=3444]Magistus71[/MENTION]. I (and another member of our group), had a go at some armor properties, but most seemed lame, or just cancelled out weapon properties, which to me just opens up a cyclic arms race. The weapon qualities already represent how they work with armor. Doing the reverse seemed kind of silly. If interested, here is a link to the brief discussion on our forums, as to why this has not taken off: http://connorscampaigns.wikidot.com/forum/t-1310834/armor-qualities. If you have more to add, I am listening ;)

I will check it out sometime this week.

Remove ads

Remove ads