Double Digital D&D Delights! GOG.com has new goodies & a new sale!

Great news for any geek whose gotten at least part of their D&D dose from computer gaming. GOG.com has finally come through, and added all the D&D Gold Box games to its database - and at a price that won’t empty your bag of holding. They’ve gathered them in 3 collections, The Forgotten Realms Archives 1, 2, and 3. Number 1 includes the three Eye of the Beholder games (bundled for $9.99), number 2 includes many that would work perfectly as introduction to 5E’s organized play Expeditions (Pool of Radiance, Curse of the Azure Bonds, Hillsfar, Secret of the Silver Blades, Pools of Darkness, Gateway to the Savage Frontier, Treasures of the Savage Frontier, Forgotten Realms Unlimited Adventures, bundled for $9.99), and number 3 is very suited to the upcoming 5E storyline with Dungeon Hack & Menzoberranzan (bundled for $5.99).

And if that isn’t enough for you, all the D&D games that GOG.com has had in its library for a while are on sale for a further deep discount this weekend (until Tuesday, August 25, 3:59 AM GMT). You can get individual titles for 60% off, or the whole bundle (or whatever you have left to purchase) for 80% off! That’d be for Neverwinter Nights I&II, Icewind Dale I&II, Baldur's Gate I&II, Planescape Torment, The Temple of Elemental Evil, and two more…

Find them all here.

All have been reworked or platformed to work on both Windows and Mac OS X (except for NWN1&2 and one other that don’t work on Macs :( )

So have at it, whether you are awaiting Sword Coast Legends, or have some spare hours until your next tabletop game.

If I wasn’t so busy gearing up to run Rage of Demons (and playing Princes of the Apocalypse) I’d be tempted to waste a few weeks playing through the new lot of them….

1c1ddea0b43a6ad40c0769f5514f33beae3ac591.jpg

2874bf64771b10dcae77e9cf94efbaced7ef55e0.jpg

785778b42219acffcefbc571425e4bde6e403c99.jpg

Ricochet

Explorer
Awesome! Eye of the Beholder games are my thing! :-D

Loving the new Grimrock games too (spiritual successors with modern graphics).

smiteworks

Explorer
I loved the Curse of the Azure Bonds game the most and the others in that series were pretty well done too. I don't have any stats to back this up, but I always thought the move to the more first-person view was what ultimately killed the franchise for SSI. Did anyone else share this view or was I the luddite that refused to move into the "modern" world?

jimmifett

Banned
Banned
Eye of Beholder games were my first introduction to DnD as a kid. The rules made no damn sense and seemed arbitrary as all get out to a 12yo and totally turned me off from DnD (and fantasy in general) for over a decade. It's been 25 years, and while I understand the rules used back then and can finally enjoy the games, the rules are still damned arbitrary and illogical. Thank all-glorious bacon that we've moved beyond gygaxian ramblings into coherent systems like 5e and FFG SW.

Now I can add these to the Wizardry titles I need to go back and finally beat.

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases