ORCUS! EXCLUSIVE! ESCAPIST!

The Escapist has an awesome preview of Orcus himself! And by preview, I mean the stats -- along with some background features for Out of the Abyss. He's a CR 26 monster, wielding his famous wand. Also interesting his the quote from Chris Perkins, who clarified that the PCs would not fight him directly, but that "Fortunately, Out of the Abyss gives characters the chance to amass a small army and also turn the demon lords against one another, thus weakening them. There are also a couple other ways to banish the demon lords back to the Abyss, which is the party's ultimate goal."

For more, click on either of the images below! For tons more Out of the Abyss coverage, click here! It comes out September 15th (or the 4th in preferred stores - that's next Friday!)

962494.png

962486.png

Dire Bare

Legend
As far as Juiblex spelling, it seems Wizards is using that spelling - the demon lord cards they were handing out at GenCon even list the phonetic pronunciation as [JOO-ee-blex]. FWIW, I honestly thought it was Jubilex as well!

Juiblex is beyond your petty mortal conceptions of spelling and pronunciation. Tremble!

JeffB

Legend
My personal fave Orcus depiction is this one from Paul Jaquays from WAY BITD...this was in The Best of Dragon vol 1, and apparently the dragon #13...an article on random Demon features.

Demons-Dragon_Magazine_013.jpg

Gillywonka

First Post
After seeing how much a creampuff a Balor is on another thread, i'm not impressed with the AC nor the damage he does. I have a feeling this guy is going to need some uplift (like an uparmored humvee going thru MSR Charlie in Fallujah) else get cake walked by a party of 12 level PCs. I mean, looks tough, but so did the Balor on first glance.

After seeing how much a creampuff a Balor is on another thread, i'm not impressed with the AC nor the damage he does. I have a feeling this guy is going to need some uplift (like an uparmored humvee going thru MSR Charlie in Fallujah) else get cake walked by a party of 12 level PCs. I mean, looks tough, but so did the Balor on first glance.

A balor can't summon a trio of Lichs to help him out. And instantly kill any PC that has less then 100 hp.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases