D&D 5E [GUIDE] Celestial Link Evoking Radiance Into Creation - CLERIC guide

mellored

Legend
What is the best choice, assuming that I'll reach level 4?

- leaving the stats as they are and giving +2 to Dexterity or Constitution (or even Wisdom, but I'd prefer dex or con)
- Con 15 + Resilient (or other talent) on Con
- Dex 17 + Resilient (or other talent, maybe even the elf specific one, Elven Accuracy, from Xanathar) on Dex
- Con 15, +1 to Con and Dex and a resilient on Dexterity at level 8
- Dex 17, +1 to Con and Dex and resilient on Con at level 8
- something else that my noob mind cannot think about.

Are they all good choices or there is someone that is worst from the others, maybe even considering that we are playing ToA?

Any multiclassing advice?
All your spells are Wis, and saceed flame will out damage bows at level 5, so +2 Wis. Unless you plan on multi-classing to ranger or something.

Resilient Con is useful if you plan on using concentration spells.
Eleven accuracy does nothing without a good source of advantage, which clerics don't have.

I'd also pass on resilient Dex, at least for now. +2 dex will give you much more at this level.

You cannot take both resilient Con and Resilient Dex.

If you want to keep shooting you bow, then yes multi-class. Though I would wait till level 5, when you get fireball.

TheCandyman

First Post
All your spells are Wis, and saceed flame will out damage bows at level 5, so +2 Wis. Unless you plan on multi-classing to ranger or something.

Resilient Con is useful if you plan on using concentration spells.
Eleven accuracy does nothing without a good source of advantage, which clerics don't have.

I'd also pass on resilient Dex, at least for now. +2 dex will give you much more at this level.

You cannot take both resilient Con and Resilient Dex.

If you want to keep shooting you bow, then yes multi-class. Though I would wait till level 5, when you get fireball.

Thanks!

In your main post you suggest that light clerics should think a little more about defense and Con before going for Wis. Is there a particular reason (emerging from my stat distribution or else) for suggesting me +2 wis (I donn't want to accuse, bicker or something else, I'm just curious!)?

mellored

Legend
Thanks!

In your main post you suggest that light clerics should think a little more about defense and Con before going for Wis. Is there a particular reason (emerging from my stat distribution or else) for suggesting me +2 wis (I donn't want to accuse, bicker or something else, I'm just curious!)?
I assume you mostly stand in the back and have use a bow with that dex, and thus are more or less safe.

If you go up front, then more AC or Con is fine.

J

Jeff Taub

Xanathar's update.

Forge lacks a useful channel divinity. Grave is ok.

I don't know why you are down on Forge Cleric? We just got to level 6 and it has been awesome! Maybe because we are running ToA and being in the jungles of Chult it has been a lifesaver to be able to make stuff we need for survival. Weapons, tools, water containers (mini-keg barrels), etc. The channel divinity ability has been a Moradin send! I have used it in many ways.

Blessing of the Forge has been good to have at these low levels with few magic items so far and getting Soul of the Forge makes me in my Plate & +1 Shiled even tankier for being the main healer by staying up. Maybe not as flashy as some of the other Domains but awesome IMO nonetheless. Deserves to be at least black if not blue to me.

The low level Domain spells besides identify are not overall great I will agree but later they will rock!

Brashnir2

First Post
Played an Order Domain cleric in a fairly high (15) level campaign last night, and had a great time with it. Made great use of the ability to give out free attacks, even with the group's rogue being absent for the session.

Also had a good time using a combination of Regeneration (on myself) plus Life Transference to heal people up. That combo had nothing to do with the Order domain, but it was still fun to heal the group in ways they weren't expecting from a Cleric. The DM allowed me to have Armor of Necrotic Resistance which made this combo especially useful, but it would have been great regardless.

The Channel Divinity never came up, but the ability to use Enchantment spells as a bonus action came up a few times, to very good effect.

Since I was only planning to use this character for one session, it's hard to make a serious judgment on it, but for the time I did play, I'd have to say I really loved it.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases