Scheduling for IRON DM 2015

Rune

Once A Fool
Random question: did me turning down Deuce's offered automatic loss mean that his submitting hours late had no relevance to the outcome? My interpretation of the final judgement seemed to posit that me rejecting his concession removed any effect missing the deadline had on the judgement.

No. As I said in the judgement, it shifted your entry to the one to beat. In other words, if, at the end of my write-up (several reads deep), I wasn't sure which entry was best, yours would be the automatic win. This seemed the most fair way to proceed, because anything else would essentially be the equivalent of disqualification: any arbitrary penalty I could apply would essentially mean you would have to completely botch yours in order for him to win. Which would essentially be the same as enforcing a concession you had already rejected.

That said, I do have a contingency in mind for future tournaments, but it would have been unfair to spring it without warning this time around.

For what its worth, though, I liked your entry better. It was quality stuff.

Last edited:

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Okay, cool. Thanks for the clarification.

I might be biased; I liked mine better too. I do agree that his made a better adventure - skimming through mine again, it would take my gaming group half-a-year to get through all of that - if they ever let me DM again :(

Remove ads