Admin privileges over play-by-post game threads?

narayan

Explorer
Just wondering if it was possible to be granted admin privileges over my play by post game threads?

The inability to edit players posts or close threads when I am ready to start a new thread is kind of a pain. Editing posts is sometimes important for the DM, like when teaching new players how to properly format their posts or when I notice OOC knowledge posted by mistake that I don't want the other players to see. I'd rather not have to wait for the player who made a mistake to get around to correcting it if I can just fix it quickly myself.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
OK, I don't know if this is working, but I *think* thread starters in Playing the Game now have mod power over their own threads. Man, that is not an easy thing to set up!

OK, this might explain why just now I discovered that I am able to delete and edit everyone's posts in my IC games in Playing the Game. And why my own posts appear with a yellow background. Caused me to flip out a wee bit when the change happened. I sent you a PM, Morrus. Feel free to ignore it.

I probably won't use this in the IC. But it sure would be handy to be able to remove posts in RG threads (when players become inactive). I think that would probably grant too much authority in the Character Optimization threads, though.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
It's currently active in Playing the Game only; I might do it for the Living forums, too, if folks want it, but I'll see how it goes first.

Forged Fury

First Post
It's currently active in Playing the Game only; I might do it for the Living forums, too, if folks want it, but I'll see how it goes first.

Thanks Morrus, this is a nice feature to have. As far as character sheets... since we can delete the posts in the IC threads now, we could just have players post their characters there after the introductory post by the GM. That's how I've done it on other boards. The whole separate RG thread was odd to me when I first started playing here, but I get the reason for it when adding new PCs (you don't want their sheet 20 pages in and difficult to find, then again, you can always edit the first post with a list of characters and links to their sheets).

tuxgeo

Adventurer
It might be possible to solve the whole RG-thread matter by locating them in the Playing-the-Game subforum instead of the Optimization one, and having a link to the RG thread at the top of the first OOC post that was set up for recruiting players for the game.

I wouldn't want to clutter the IC with RG threads.

A better idea, in my admittedly personal opinion, would be to ditch a separate RG thread and let the first X number of posts in the IC thread be for character sheets, with the DM additionally linking to sheets in her OP.

Remove ads