FANTASY GROUNDS Usage Reports: D&D, Pathfinder, & SAVAGE WORLDS

Following up on The Orr Group's Roll20 recent usage statistics, I've just gotten some figures in from Smiteworks, who make Fantasy Grounds. Fantasy Grounds is, of course, the officially licensed Dungeons & Dragon virtual tabletop, and so its usage figures reflect that, with a very dramatic lead for D&D - the most popular systems, in order, are D&D 5E, Pathfinder, D&D 3.5, D&D 4E, and Savage Worlds.

Taking 5E out of the equation, the other games make for an interesting list.

RulesetUsage2015_4421_image001.png
RulesetUsage2015_4421_image002.png
RulesetUsage2014_17990_image001.png
RulesetUsage2014_17990_image002.png

Grimstaff

Explorer
I wonder what happened in April to make 3.5 games nearly double?

Also, it's kind of cool to see Savage Worlds slow but steady gain in popularity. This is a game that has been around a while, but I never really took a good look at until recently, and I liked what I saw.

Michael Long

First Post

Also, it's kind of cool to see Savage Worlds slow but steady gain in popularity. This is a game that has been around a while, but I never really took a good look at until recently, and I liked what I saw.

Looks sort of strange with 4E and Savage World also jumping up that same time period. Except Pathfinder staying steady and dipping in September. Would give a sense of those other games performance if 5e were removed.

Sort of sad for Pathfinder though. :(

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
I expect you have the effect of people trying the program for D&D 5E, then using it with other versions of D&D. But most of the potential PF players have already tried it or have their own favourite program already.

Cheers!

Bera

Explorer

Princes of the Apocalypse was released. It looks like they had a general spike then (particularly 5e), so maybe a rising tide lifts all boats? Or at least it was good advertising in general, not just for 5e. Pathfinder sees a slight decrease, but they could probably run the stats to see if many of their 5e players were playing Pathfinder in the previous month(s).

Xavian Starsider

First Post
yeah I'm thinking the fact that it was now the official place for D&D online made it a more interesting destination for all D&D. 4E also doubled that month.

The information that I'm more interested in is june where the number of overall games seems to go down slightly (though this doesn't account for games after the top 5, but there's a definite downward in games played for the top 5 other than 5E) despite June being when FG had their 33% off sale

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases