Votes: 3 2.5%
  • Other (post your idea/choice)

Votes: 25 21.0%
  • Lemon Curry

Votes: 20 16.8%

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Actually, I must be because I don't know the lemon curry reference other than what instigated the long discourse about lemon curry being a non-answer or an answer against the warlord class. And...as I've only really participated in about 6 or 7 threads in the D&D forums, it's pretty safe to say I missed the original point of it altogether.

It's a reference about 16 years old, now. I'm afraid you'll need to accept that it's an ingrained part of the culture here. Ordering people to remove it from their polls is probably not going to work out. :)

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
"Champion" is not great because it implies exactly the opposite of the class. A champion is someone who fights on someone else's behalf.
By that meaning, perhaps; but defined differently "champion" is also the title given to someone who is the best at what they do.

That said, your definition of champion makes it even better as it hints at the support side of the class.

Lanefan

epithet

Explorer
Well, everyone makes such a big deal about it being a martial class... so Marshal seems like the best name. Because homonym.

Although Purple Dinosaur Knight has a certain ring to it.

That said, your definition of champion makes it even better as it hints at the support side of the class.
A champion "supports" people by going forth and killing their enemies for them with a sharpened piece of metal. If you've got a fighter and a warlord in the party, and the warlord spends his actions buffing the fighter, it is the fighter who is acting as champion, not the warlord.

bedir than

Full Moon Storyteller
I still think it is best as a fighter or bard subclass or as a prestige class. I really like Marshal and Consul, and maybe could be talked into the two slightly different flavors coming from F/B as appropriate. While neophytes can be in command roles, it feels wrong. It felt wrong in the real world, which is why NCOs are more respected than 2nd Lts. And it feels wrong in a living fantasy world too, but for different reasons. xp isn't just for dungeon crawling, but solving problems as well. People that do things, even non-killing things, have a handful of xp. It is natural for someone that's done a few things to be a leader and helper of people. That's probably while I'll be stuck on this being something that can be taken at 3rd-5th levels.

tuxgeo

Adventurer
Inciter. (If D&D can have a class called the "Binder," then it can have this as well.)

I don't like "Facilis" -- it sounds too facile for me. :)

(Cue all the jokes about "Insider." (Those are inside jokes, right?))

Last edited:

I like marshal and commander, as they work as verbs in addition to the military rank. That's really just a rank co-opting the term for the task, like "captain" being a rank even in non-military vessels.
One who marshals or one who commands. Personally, I like commander more but marshal has a longer history in the game.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases