D&D 5E What settings would you like to see full support for?

Which setting would you like to see get lots of support?

• Forgotten Realms/Al-Qadim/Kara-Tur

Votes: 16 10.9%
  • Dark Sun

Votes: 18 12.2%
  • Eberron

Votes: 24 16.3%
  • Mystara

Votes: 12 8.2%
  • Dragonlance

Votes: 9 6.1%
  • Planescape

Votes: 15 10.2%
  • Spelljammer

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Greyhawk

Votes: 19 12.9%
  • Ravenloft

Votes: 8 5.4%
  • Birthright

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • Rokugan

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Brand new setting

Votes: 18 12.2%

Corpsetaker

First Post
What settings would you like to see full on support for?

I'm going to post a poll that will only ask for one but in the discussion section it can be more than one.

I for one would love to see Dark Sun, Spelljammer, and better Forgotten Realms stuff.

I don't agree with Perkin's figures in the other thread. I say if you brought back the kind of support Dark Sun used to get you would have people all over it.

delericho

Legend
Not a multiple choice poll?

My favourite is Eberron, though I'd also like to see Dark Sun support. In both cases, though, it would actually be ideal (for me) if they just took the 4e books, replaced the mechanics with 5e versions, and reprinted - the existing books do everything I want them to do, except for being for the wrong edition.

I'd always be interested in a new setting, too. Though I don't expect ever to see one.

And, FWIW, I do agree with CP's figures. Sadly.

JeffB

Legend
What is "full support"?

I sure as hell do not want to see 2e or 3e levels of product.

But a setting book and a handful of smaller self contained adventures not about saving the world? Absolutely.

I don't really trust the current Team to do the Settings right, though. So it's probably best we don't see anything.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I'd also really like to see Modern get a core rulebook for 5e.

Oh, man, Urban Arcana 5E would rock hard...

Other than that, Spelljammer.

Quite certain the numbers Perkins gave are accurate, for people who buy WOTC books and answer the surveys. Not sure why the numbers are surprising?

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
I'd like to see more players here on EN World put up player support info into the Downloads section for any of the settings they really enjoy.

Because based upon the ease of creating backgrounds, sub-classes and the like, and how... uncomplicated... the stuff in the SCAG was, there is absolutely NO reason to think player-created stuff can't be as balanced, interesting, and useful as anything the WotC designers come up with. So I don't need to wait for the WotC folks to give me an "official" way to do Dragonmarks... someone here can easily come up with a set of rules that are just as valid and good. And I guarantee... if/when they ever DID produce a set of rules for Dragonmarks... a lot of us would look at them and think to ourselves "We waited all this time for *that*? We already had something like that two years ago that is just as good if not better!"

The Conversion Documents case-in-point.

And as far as setting material is concerned, fictional history does not need to be written a second (or third, or fourth) time. The Grand History of Eberron does not need to be "updated" in a new book with a shiny 5E illustration on the cover. The material is exactly the same so there's no reason to reprint it-- especially considering it'd be five times the price of any of the books I can buy and download right now.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Have WotC authorised ENWorld to host conversions of their setting IP?

I doubt it... but if you aren't trying to sell it will they care? We already have multiple attempts here at the Warlord, the Artificer... if someone made their own rules for Defiling or Dragonmarks (or any other setting-specific character option) and shared them to the Downloads page would WotC bother saying anything? I don't think so.

Remove ads