The Day Has Come! It's An OGL! And A Store To Buy & Sell D&D 5E Products! - Page 49
Page 49 of 52 FirstFirst ... 3940414243444546474849505152 LastLast
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

Not yet. They just announced today that there was a solution in the works.
    XP mach1.9pants gave XP for this post

Spellbinder (Lvl 16)

Ah so they've opened the Guild but not really thought about and/or briefed their staff as to what the basics of it are!

Gallant (Lvl 3)

Well the complaints didn't flood them until after it was open.
    Laugh mach1.9pants laughed with this post

Anyone else notice this quote from the Reddit ama: "Within the Guild, you can use any Forgotten Realms RPG product and non-setting specific RPG material. As long as it was content published and owned by WotC, you should be good. "

There's a lot of old module, Dragon/Dungeon content and etc content out there that was pretty setting non-specific. It sounds like pretty much just certain settings(Dragonlance, Eberonn, etc) are hands off(probably due to licensing issues), but WoTC specific stuff is a go.

If that's true, it's a massive amount of material.
    XP mach1.9pants, darjr gave XP for this post

Gallant (Lvl 3)

From reading the AMA, I was pretty sure they meant any D&D 5e material and any book with a Forgotten Realms logo on it. I got the imperssion that you couldn't convert random old modules or splat books.

Spellbinder (Lvl 16)

Wow there are a lot of totally awesome old school modules that are setting neutral, big news if confirmed on the site.

Quote Originally Posted by defendi View Post
    From reading the AMA, I was pretty sure they meant any D&D 5e material and any book with a Forgotten Realms logo on it. I got the imperssion that you couldn't convert random old modules or splat books.
    Except one of the examples they give in the AMA is a 1982 module:

Can I post conversions of old adventures? (i.e. B4: The Lost City)

That would have to be through the DMs Guild, since we havent released the old modules as open content. The best fit for the Guild would be to augment your conversion notes with guidelines for using the adventure in the Forgotten Realms. Remember, wholesale copying without adding original work is not the intent of the program.

Gallant (Lvl 3)

I remember that now. I stand corrected.

Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

The 'artwork issue' seems to have been addressed (emphasis mine):

(c) "User Generated Content" shall be defined as the copyrightable elements included in your Work, such as original characters, scenes, locations and events. User Generated content shall not include the illustrations and cartographic artwork included in your work. Per the terms of this Agreement, you expressly agree that your User Generated Content, once submitted to the Program will become Program IP and useable by other members of the Program as well as the Owner as described in this Agreement.

And there's a bit more info at the bottom of THIS page.
    XP Jeremy E Grenemyer gave XP for this post

The Grand Druid (Lvl 20)

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    The 'artwork issue' seems to have been addressed (emphasis mine):

(c) "User Generated Content" shall be defined as the copyrightable elements included in your Work, such as original characters, scenes, locations and events. User Generated content shall not include the illustrations and cartographic artwork included in your work. Per the terms of this Agreement, you expressly agree that your User Generated Content, once submitted to the Program will become Program IP and useable by other members of the Program as well as the Owner as described in this Agreement.

And there's a bit more info at the bottom of THIS page.
    Excellent. That they addressed it so quickly makes me believe WotC is really behind this initiative as a way to develop solid, professional content from the community.

EDIT: For anyone interested here is the relevent FAQ answer:

What kinds of artwork and maps can I use in my DMs Guild titles?

We updated the Community Content Agreement sections 2c and 8c to clarify the use of artwork. The artwork (illustrations and maps) that you include in your title do not become part of the DMs Guild content which other DMs Guild contributor can freely use. So generally speaking for these types of artwork:
    Art and Maps provided by Wizards of the Coast: The art you find in the Resources for DMs Guild Creators category are owned by Wizards and can be freely used in your DMs Guild titles.
    Public Domain Art: Art that you are certain is in the public domain can be used.
    Stock Art: Usage of stock art depends on the license associated with that stock art. Most of the stock art sold under the Publisher Resources category on DriveThruRPG includes a license that would allow it to be used in your DMs Guild titles.
    Commissioned Art: Usage of art that you commission from artist depends upon your terms with the artist. You must have the rights or license to use the art in your title. The artwork does not become owned by OneBookShelf or Wizards; you simply must have rights to use it in your commercial work.
    Creative Commons: This depends on the type of creative commons license. Some allow commerical use, others do not.
    XP mach1.9pants, Nellisir, Jeremy E Grenemyer gave XP for this post