D&D 5E DM's Guild: The Advice You Didn't Ask For

It's more than typos. The sentence I was talking about that turned me off a particular product in the Guild? Didn't have a single misspelled word. But it was still borderline illiterate.

That's what I meant about knowing how to put a sentence together, or having friends who do read over your stuff. I'm not saying a single error is a deal-breaker, but the products need to look like they were written by someone who's heard of punctuation and sentence structure.

I completely agree that people need to proof read their work before wapping it on the guild to make some 'easy' money... It just means no-one will buy their future work when(/if) they actually put the effort into it.

Also, I'm glad they released the 5e OGL as I've been writing up one of my quest lines for months now, (having it proof read by a writer and another DM throughout) and it's been so hard to convert some things from the 3.5e to make sense in the 5e format. I like how the DM's guild gives us a good secure place to sell our wares too, although I'm bummed out by (but fully understand) the large cut they take, BUT, the fact it costs us $2 to retrieve any funds we've actually accrued is a bit of a kick in the nads... It means my quest is going to have to cost $2.80+ (I think... my maths isn't great) to get anything out of it, which instantly makes people not want to buy it...

Meh... it's 30+pg's long and well written, so I'm hoping people will want to fork out for it =/

You realise that the funds can sit there until they reach a total high enough for you to want to retrieve them, right? So, if you wanted to, you could wait until there was say $50 in the account and then withdraw the money (costing you $2).

You don't get charged $2 processing fee for each PDF you sell, unless you want to withdraw the money every single time you make a sale.

Bulak

First Post
When you're doing your initial title set up, there are two boxes for previews. One for pdf, and one for flash. You can manually enter in which pages you want to included in your preview. If you go to edit your title, you can do the same thing.

Late reply but...
Your post made me look for the preview option (and also made me wonder why I missed it in the first place), and I couldn't find it anywhere. So I asked, and this is the answer I received:
Our tech team is still working on some preview related issues on the site and should have them resolved hopefully soon.
So... hopefully soon!
Since there are just a few titles that do have a preview, I would guess it's currently not possible for most to set it up.

Sacrosanct

Legend
That's really weird, because it's on the same page where you enter in your product information and description. If you go to edit title, are those options not there? They're always there for me.

Bulak

First Post
The options are simply missing for me. I'm pretty sure I can guess where they should be, but I really did look everywhere just to be sure. :)

Apparently they're aware of the issue.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases