D&D 5E Would You Buy an AP converted to 5E vy Paizo

Would you buy a PF AP converted to 5E by Paizo?

• Yes, I would buy a collected edition hardcover.

Votes: 27 38.6%
  • Yes, I would buy or subscribe to individual chapters. in print

Votes: 4 5.7%
  • Yes, I would buy it as a PDF, either collected or in parts.

Votes: 11 15.7%
  • Yes, but only conversion notes and cheaply.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No.

Votes: 24 34.3%
  • I am a special snowflake.

Votes: 4 5.7%

Reynard

Legend
It is not likely to happen, but I am curious how folks feel. With the 5E SRD in play, it seems possible for Paizo to convert an old AP to 5E rules. Would you purchase such a thing?

With the poll options I tried to cover a few ways Paizo might go about doing so. if I missed one, show us your special snowflakery.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
No. I'd rather buy new stuff than remakes of old stuff. I'd certainly buy a new 5E AP from Paizo, though I don't imagine they'd make one.

Dragonblade

Adventurer
No. I'd rather buy new stuff than remakes of old stuff. I'd certainly buy a new 5E AP from Paizo, though I don't imagine they'd make one.

This. I have the old ones and it would be easy to convert. I don't want rehashed material.

However, I'm going to be ending my subscription soon as I no longer play Pathfinder. If they released a new AP using 5e, I'd strongly consider purchasing or subscribing to it.

Remathilis

Legend
Depends on which AP we're talking.

I don't think Paizo has any interest, but I could image them dipping their toe in with a single short module converted perhaps. As for doing a full AP, only if demand is there and its economically feasible, which I don't think it really is right now.

That said, there is little stopping a fan from converting RotRL or something to 5e now, save art, maps and a few proper nouns. It'd be a heck of an effort, but possible.

AaronOfBarbaria

Adventurer
Considering that even when I ran their APs with Pathfinder I felt the need to adjust various parts of the story and mechanics, I have zero interest in Paizo converting to 5th edition for me since I'd likely still have to adjust things similarly - I'd rather do the conversion myself.

Remove ads