Clockwork Warlock Patron anywhere?

Sir Brennen

Legend
I'm trying to find an article or post which had a warlock patron that was mechanical/clockwork/steampunk-y in nature, but can't recall where I saw it. Might have been something in the homebrew forum here, DMGuild or the internets at large that I saw it. Googling turned up one that was a bit more Shadowrun-ish, but I want something more standard fantasy, or somewhat steampunk at most.

Does this sound familiar to anyone? Link appreciated!

Last edited:

Sir Brennen

Legend
There's a warlock patron in unearthed arcana: modern magic.
Yeah, I looked at that one, but it's definitely too rooted in a modern setting. Things like being able to cast spells through mobile phones, computers or cameras aren't going to be too applicable in a standard fantasy campaign, or easily converted without getting into weirdly specific situations that would come up way less than a modern game. I mean, almost everyone has a mobile phone. You're not going to come across the fantasy equivalent nearly as often. Hence my continued search.

Your link in the OP doesn't lead to anything ;)
I... didn't create a link in my OP. That's weird. I think it was auto-generated by the forums and I didn't notice after I posted.

Edit: In fact, I can't remove it when I edit my post, because it's not really there until I save it! Schroedinger's Link!

Brakkis

First Post
The Enhanced

Is this the one you are looking for? It's about as close as I can find to a mechanical warlock. The concept of a Clockwork Warlock is very intriguing and something I hadn't even considered until I saw this post.

Sir Brennen

Legend
The Enhanced

Is this the one you are looking for? It's about as close as I can find to a mechanical warlock. The concept of a Clockwork Warlock is very intriguing and something I hadn't even considered until I saw this post.

Huh. That one isn't ringing a bell, but definitely on the right track. Using Iron Man as the inspiration is fun. And like that one, beings from Mechanus were what I was thinking of for patrons.

I don't know if there's any non-deity, powerful extraplanar creatures in Eberron that would fit the bill, but the DM's campaign I'm playing in is somewhat in the vein of Eberron, so I was trying to imagine what a warlock - that could have such a patron - in that setting would be like.

Brakkis

First Post
Huh. That one isn't ringing a bell, but definitely on the right track. Using Iron Man as the inspiration is fun. And like that one, beings from Mechanus were what I was thinking of for patrons.

I don't know if there's any non-deity, powerful extraplanar creatures in Eberron that would fit the bill, but the DM's campaign I'm playing in is somewhat in the vein of Eberron, so I was trying to imagine what a warlock - that could have such a patron - in that setting would be like.

This is the other one I found, based on Magitech.

Brakkis

First Post
I think that might be it. Thanks, Brakkis. Actually, it looks like the same author created the Enhanced, since that shows up in another of his PDFs.

If anyone finds anything else, tho, go ahead an post it.

No problem. Didn't even know they were by the same person. Haven't looked through the rest of his PDF's though I intend to because that Magitech one intrigued me.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases