CONAN! The 4th Most Anticipated RPG Of 2016 Funds In Two Hours! Preview Here!

The fourth most anticipated tabletop roleplaying game of 2016, Robert E. Howard's Conan Roleplaying Game from Modiphius Entertainment, has hit Kickstarter and funded almost immediately (that's no surprise - Modiphius, like Monte Cook Games, has mastered the art of the Kickstarter and runs regular blockbuster crowdfunding campaigns). There have been multiple Conan games over the years, of course; this particular one is, in the publisher's words, "Conan roleplaying as Robert E. Howard wrote it – savage pulp adventure battling ancient horrors in the Hyborian Age". The company has also lined up a stellar collection of artists, so it promises to be a beautiful book when it arrives. I have a couple of pages preview of the upcoming QuickStart.

The fourth most anticipated tabletop roleplaying game of 2016, Robert E. Howard's Conan Roleplaying Game from Modiphius Entertainment, has hit Kickstarter and funded almost immediately (that's no surprise - Modiphius, like Monte Cook Games, has mastered the art of the Kickstarter and runs regular blockbuster crowdfunding campaigns). There have been multiple Conan games over the years, of course; this particular one is, in the publisher's words, "Conan roleplaying as Robert E. Howard wrote it – savage pulp adventure battling ancient horrors in the Hyborian Age". The company has also lined up a stellar collection of artists, so it promises to be a beautiful book when it arrives. I have a couple of pages preview of the upcoming QuickStart.

photo-original.jpg

As I mentioned, it has funded already, so it's already ploughing into the stretch goals - a standalone art book, a campaign book called Conan the Thief, a double-sided Hyborian map, and so on. There's apparently a free QuickStart sample, but it won't be available until Thursday.

So what do you get for your money? For £15 you get the full core book PDF, and for £30 you get the hardcover. It's a 368-page book, full-colour. Alternatively you can get the art book in print for £40; and a whole bunch of combinations of books, PDFs and stuff at different pledge level.

The game uses Modiphius' own 2d20 system (that's the system in Mutant Chronicles 3E, John Carter Warlord of Mars, etc. - roll two d20s, roll as low as possible on each – the more dice that roll low, the more success); it's based on Robert E. Howard's original Conan stories.

Modiphius has kindly sent along a preview of a few pages of the upcoming QuickStart!

Conan-Quickstart-5.jpg

Conan-Quickstart-17.jpg

As a newbie to Kickstarter, what's next? I've pledged... now what?

Well, look at what your level gives you. Then check out the add-ons section for stuff that you really want that is not part of your pledge level. Add the add-on items (pound/dollar) amount to your existing pledge level amount. Check out the free QuickStart provided and watch all the barbarians talking in the comments.

*There will be a pledge calculator going up (I hope soon) and that will help you so when the KS ends, you'll be asked what items you added to your pledge level.

Oh and then we wait, the worst part of kickstarter... the wait! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

4 days left and we are catching fire again, announcements have been coming out all week and it's only Wed! The Hoard, Secrets and Treasure pledge levels now give you a Print subscription for the next two years (from date the core book ships)!

4 days left and we are catching fire again, announcements have been coming out all week and it's only Wed! The Hoard, Secrets and Treasure pledge levels now give you a Print subscription for the next two years (from date the core book ships)!

One lucky backer wins the answer to the riddle of steel too!*

*answer not intelligible in most human languages.

Remove ads

Remove ads