D&D 5E Driftglobe, what am I missing?

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
There are many creatures who either benefit from dim light or darkness OR have sunlight weakness. Like the Shadow:

Sunlight Weakness. While in sunlight, the shadow has disadvantage on attack rolls, ability checks, and saving throws.

But the daylight spell would not trigger this. It would, however, eliminate its dim light advantages.

Weird thread necromancy, but welcome!

jrowland

First Post
Great Necro...now I can share:

After reading the OP, I made an encounter with Will-o-Wisps and a Driftglobe. Hilarity ensued when the PCs attacked the Driftglobe thinking it was a wisp. Now its known as strobeglobe, loyal 'follower' of the Bard and his dance music.

Uller

Adventurer
Our druid has one. She is a human so no dark vision. In our game this week there were two orcs throwing javelins at the party from about 45' away (so beyond torch range). Soooo....she threw the drift globe over near them and spoke the command word for light and now the rest of the party (one elf and two other humans) could see them.

A round later, one orc was dead and the other was fleeing. Not a bad use for a curious item. Normally she can just carry it. She took the ritual casting feat (Wizard) to get a familiar. It is a raccoon. I'd have no problem if she let him hold on to it and move at around during combat.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases