D&D General Welcome Thread

nickinroch

Villager
Hello all, just signed up today. I was not aware of this site but found it when looking up info about shaving coins in D&D 5E. My world has coins which could be shaved but not sure of how many my rogue could do at a time and all of that. I am glad to join!

Solatarye

First Post
Hi, I am New here fresh on today I have 30+ Years of Gaming behind me and hopefully many more ahead of me.

Nickinroch: It really depends on the tools, Traditionally it's a file or knife and they simply cut or grind off about 1/10th of the weight of the coin, The thief could with the correct skill checks do 1d10 per turn, 6d10 per hour or 48d10 per day, provided he has that many coins this will get him 1/10 that number in gold alloy (commonly gold & tin mix) because all gold coins are not pure gold, its too soft to hold the embossing. That gold would then need to be smelted and he would lose 1/2 in the process (no less than 1/4) and get gold nuggets.

Also, most good merchants have scales and will weigh coins! Especially if they have shiny edges or look off to them. If he gets caught they may charge him more (Make up the weight) or quietly send the bellhop for the local guards for the reward for turning in a counterfeiter/ Defacer of currency (Normally treated as HIGH Crimes in most coin based societies). Hope this helps.

alpha sheet

First Post
Looking for char auto fill able char sheet besides d and d beyound that does not show all the classes or the ones I need. Also I have been playing 5e for about a month now and I think it is the best work WOTC has come out with yet. I may find another group I can tag along with to start up

deathlord1337

First Post
As a DM yes it would...even if the language was some crazy hermits made up nonsense that only he knew but was a language made by an "intelligent" creature a oesron with the active tounges effect would not only be able to understand the language bit its meaning too ans well as speak it back in the same fluancey as he would speak his own language mundane, magical, secret , or otherwise period.....that being said if they were not speaking then no you would have to hear it to them chose to speak it maybe iy is divination and could possible just know what they know but it may sound like a random language they know until thwy speak druidic or said other obscure language

snortman

First Post
Hey, just getting back into playing D&D when my younger teenage son expressed interest. I had a lot of AD&D books back in the early 80s, though I didn't really get to play much. I hope to join a play-by-post game soon and maybe join a local group.

kleefaj

Villager
Hi everybody!

Decades ago I played D&D, Car Wars, Melee/Wizard, Top Secret. Went into hibernation. Now I'm playing and running Dungeon Crawl Classics, Mutant Crawl Classics, and Savage Worlds.

Jeff

iGregory

First Post
Hi All!

I started playing AD&D in 1981.

A few months ago I dusted off the books and started my 3 sons in The Keep On The Boarder Land and they're loving it.

I found this site while googling 'AD&D Christmas Adventures'... I'm going to have a look through the archives now:)

Greg

Remove ads