D&D General M:tG Zendikar World Map

robus

Lowcountry Low Roller
Supporter
(Tried to upload to Downloads but that seems to be non-functional at this time..)

When Planeshift: Zendikar came out I was disappointed that there was no accompanying map so I took it upon myself to make one based upon this awesome fantasy map

This is an update to the original one I posted (and now gone). It has an improved presentation of the Isle of Secrets (IMHO). There's a DM version and a Player version.

Zendikar (DM) 1.1.pngZendikar (Player) 1.1.png

robus

Lowcountry Low Roller
Supporter
I do love that map a lot, and today I was thrilled to find the tutorial I believe was used to create it:

https://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?t=8086

So if others want to play have at it :)

I plan on recreating the Zendikar map at a printable size with a nice border, getting Sejiri in a more suitable location etc. A good holiday project. I'll also work on one for Innistrad too. (And then Kaladesh when the book arrives)

livetothedeath

First Post
PLEASE MAKE A MAP FOR AMONKHET

Seriously, I know how much it sucks to have these come out with no supporting map material.

If you want money, I would probably be able to convince people to pay you. We need one!

my email is lukehodges.ca@gmail.com

(Tried to upload to Downloads but that seems to be non-functional at this time..)

When Planeshift: Zendikar came out I was disappointed that there was no accompanying map so I took it upon myself to make one based upon this awesome fantasy map

This is an update to the original one I posted (and now gone). It has an improved presentation of the Isle of Secrets (IMHO). There's a DM version and a Player version.

View attachment 76749View attachment 76750

robus

Lowcountry Low Roller
Supporter
Seriously, I know how much it sucks to have these come out with no supporting map material.

If you want money, I would probably be able to convince people to pay you. We need one!

my email is lukehodges.ca@gmail.com

So I had another look at the Planeshift doc (i don’t have the artbook after being disappointed with the Kaladesh one) and once again this is a plane dominated by a single large city. So it’s really calling for a city map primarily, which is a different kettle of fish. The fact that there’s a big river means there’s a larger world surrounding it and perhaps that could be documented, but then I think I would just find a place in the Zendikar map that could host Amonkhet and call it good?

Edit: in fact it would fit right where i have the Spike Fields. Put a big river there from the mountains in the north emptying in to the bay to the south. And place the city midway down with a band of green on each side of the river.

Last edited:

Extremely well made map, but I'm not sure if I would use it for Zendikar. The problem with a map of Zendikar is that the Roil tends to change the landscape. That makes maps of limited use in general.

robus

Lowcountry Low Roller
Supporter
Extremely well made map, but I'm not sure if I would use it for Zendikar. The problem with a map of Zendikar is that the Roil tends to change the landscape. That makes maps of limited use in general.

I don’t believe the roil is some continuous thing? And I thought the swirliness of the continents gave the impression of a roiled world. :) but no worries.

I don’t believe the roil is some continuous thing?

It is and it isn't. The stable areas where civilizations have grown are at least partially due to lullmages, who use their magic to reduce the roil, and other similar magics.

And I thought the swirliness of the continents gave the impression of a roiled world. :) but no worries.

Oh, it definitely does! Like I said, it was very well made! I just think that such a map would have to carry heavy caveats like "Compiled from observations and recordings 3187-3216" and the current world might be 3307 (I'm completely making these numbers up; I have no idea what the calendar is on Zendikar). I'm just saying that it pays to remember that Zendikar is a land where seas rise to mountains, forests grow spontaneously, islands burst forth, flourish, and sink below the waves, etc.

ParanoydStyle

Peace Among Worlds
Speaking as someone else who's doing Dungeons & Magic or Magic & Dragons type content (I'd say "Dungeons: The Dragoning" but apparently that's an already extant thing and a different beast entirely) this is pretty darn awesome.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases