D&D 5E Tall's PotA Campaign - IC

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
OOC:
You get temp HP's each round equal to your casting modifier.

Ah, okay. Anyone else want the helmet then? I suppose Errol could take it. That would be his last attunement slot. Part of the problem is that Errol gives way more THP with his Inspiring Leader and they don't stack. Though I suppose once you've worn through those thp you can then cast Heroism.

TallIan

Explorer
Desairn Valley, Day 10, Evening

You head south with a gaggle of refugees. It takes the whole day and you arrive just as the evening light is fading. As you enter the town a less stressed looking Harbuk approaches. "Glad to see you. I've heard from Womford that they thwarted some sort of attack on the town. Apparently four men drove a wagon into town then tried to pull some kind of strange orb out of a box marked with symbols of the fire cult. When the town guard challenged them they attacked. The guard quickly overpowered them and put the orb back in the box, but it was still busing with arcane energy. They quickly took it out of town, next day there was a huge flood - out in the middle of nowhere. I think that whatever you've been doing may have pissed them off."

TallIan

Explorer
GM: Truthfully that event with the cultists and the flood is supposed to be an encounter to ad some time pressure to the game. I thought it would better - for pbp - as a cut-scene.

So your threads are now
- The monastery is still occupied by the Earth cult. You have clues that its leader has been receiving disturbing dreams for some time and is looking to summon something.
- The Caverns in the Sighing Valley. In order to infiltrate the cult you were tasked with causing a mischief to the Earth Cult. You have most likely done this by freeing their slaves.
- Riverguard Keep: Thrown into chaos after their leader was assassinated they are less of a threat but they still hold a strong position on the Desairn Valley - They seem to be lashing out at the surrounding towns. Signs of new leadership or just mindless violence?

Last edited:

Yavathol

Explorer
"Let's go back to the sighing valley and try to infiltrate deeper into the cult there.
Also, we don't know yet where the Fire cult is, yes, maybe we could try and find them?"

OOC:
Not sure if it was the fire cult, but have a feeling we've only located 3 of the 4?

Azurewraith

Explorer
Gormok stares just past Ilvellios looking at something just over his shoulder, saying nothing Gormok slowly nods his head in understanding. "My ancestors tell me to follow you, so I follow."

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Dessarin Valley
Afternoon
Round 0

“This fire cult and the water cult at Riverguard are attacking the surrounding villages. The others seem to be staying put,” Errol observed. “I think we should finish off Riverguard and try and find this fire cult. Hopefully we have placated the Sighing Valley a little bit with our freeing the prisoners from the earth cult. That will hopefully buy us some time. Though we don’t know how close they are to summoning...whatever they are trying to summon.”

[sblock=Actions]
Move:
Action:
Bonus Action:
Action Surge:
Reaction:
Free Object Interaction:
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Errol’s Mini Stats]
Inspiration: Y
AC: 16
HP: 44+6 thp/44 HD: 5/5d10
Superiority Dice: (4/4/R @ d8 DC 14) (Commander’s Strike, Rally, Trip)
Arrows: 54
Arrows used: 0
Bolts: 2
Bolts Used: 0
Action Surge (1/R)*
Second Wind (1/R 1d10+5)
Inspiring Leader (1/R +7)*
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party Loot: Claim and put on your sheet before next level up or it goes on Errol’s]
Helm of Heroism (Armour (Helm), Rare (Requires Attunement) Great spirals on the sides of this helm and the pointed nose makes it resemble a ram. Great tales of those that have worn this helm are told the length and breadth of the land, of their courage and selfless deeds that led to great victories. Once per day the wearer can cast the spell Heroism as a first level spell. This spell has a range of self and does not use your concentration. You can choose to use your INT, WIS or CHA as your casting attribute for the spell.
Potion of Healing - Ilvelios
Potion of Superior Healing - Gormak
Potion of Fire Breathing
2 Potions of Flying
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party]
Errol
Ilvellious
Gormak
Nariah
Thateous
[/sblock]