5E Tall's PotA Campaign - IC - Page 166
  1. #1651
    Member
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    Thateous's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    1,901
    OOC: Well a number of things went wrong here that put half the party on its back. The dice were unkind on top of all that. I'd be ok with letting things play out as is. There are a number of ways this could go.
    XP Azurewraith, KahlessNestor gave XP for this post

  2. #1652
    Member
    Superhero (Lvl 15)



    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    5,730
    OOC:
    Quote Originally Posted by Thateous View Post
    OOC: Well a number of things went wrong here that put half the party on its back. The dice were unkind on top of all that. I'd be ok with letting things play out as is. There are a number of ways this could go.
    I'm a strong believer in crit happens and let the dice fall where they may, it ain't over yet errol and ilv could easily beat a retreat even some of us fall.

  3. #1653
    Member
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)



    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    1,152
    OOC:
    The people who are still up could beat a retreat, but I'm not going to have Ilvellios retreat until we have an agreement to do so

    Apart from the current enemies, there are still goblins and wolves at the camp entrance, right? So if we do decide to retreat then it's back over the wall, athletics checks needed to avoid damage? That also limits our ability to kite the leader... I just feel our strategy here needs to be a bit more sophisticated than standing and hoping we get lucky!


  4. #1654
    Member
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)



    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    1,152
    OOC:
    Maybe we could try to focus fire on the leader, in the hope that their morale will break if we drop him?

    Alternatively, @TallIan do any of the prisoners in the cages look like they know how to fight? The guards are dead, they just need a knife to cut the knots? Actually, if the guards were standing close to the cage when they dropped, their weapons may be in reach of the prisoners?

  5. #1655
    Member
    Superhero (Lvl 15)



    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    5,730
    OOC: I think the best bet is retreating behind the briar and using ranged attacks or fire a good fire should solve everything.

  6. #1656
    Member
    Guide (Lvl 11)



    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Brooklyn NY
    Posts
    2,396
    OOC:
    Quote Originally Posted by Yavathol View Post
    OOC: Alternatively, @TallIan do any of the prisoners in the cages look like they know how to fight? The guards are dead, they just need a knife to cut the knots? Actually, if the guards were standing close to the cage when they dropped, their weapons may be in reach of the prisoners?
    It's hard to tell, as they are covered in dirt and grime, but they are all wearing simple work clothes. All of them are simply watching the fight. The two initial guards are at M9 and O10
    Last edited by TallIan; Friday, 11th January, 2019 at 05:39 PM.

  7. #1657
    Member
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)



    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    1,152
    OOC:
    Ok, it doesn't look like we'll get any backup from the prisoners. I agree with Azurewraith about retreating the briar, so Ilvellious will disengage and move at full speed once @Charwoman Gene and @KahlessNestor have confirmed they are moving back as well..fingers crossed!

  8. #1658
    Member
    Magsman (Lvl 14)

    Charwoman Gene's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    5,660
    OOC: I'm ok with retreating.

  9. #1659
    Member
    Spellbinder (Lvl 16)



    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Wheaton, IL
    Posts
    5,817
    Dessarin Valley
    Afternoon
    Round 5

    OOC: Im fine with retreating, but well be leaving Duran on the ground. Not sure Errol likes that too much. Errol has a healing kit to stabilize Duran, but no healing potions.


    I think we need to retreat! Errol called out. Can someone get Duran? He didnt want to leave the old man bleeding out in the dirt like this. He needed to weed out some of the orcs. He fired at the one that looked the most injured.

    Actions

    Move:
    Action: Attack Orc 5
    Heavy Crossbow: 1D20+8 = [17]+8 = 25
    1D10+4 = [6]+4 = 10

    Bonus Action:
    Action Surge:
    Reaction: Opportunity Attack
    Free Object Interaction:
    Conditions:


    Errols Mini Stats

    Inspiration: 3
    AC: 16
    HP: 36+4 thp/36 HD: 4/4d10
    Superiority Dice: (0/4/R @ d8 DC 14) (Commanders Strike, Rally, Trip)
    Arrows: 34
    Arrows used: 0
    Bolts: 9
    Bolts Used: 5
    Action Surge (1/R)*
    Second Wind (1/R 1d10+4)
    Inspiring Leader (1/R 6)*


    Party Loot

    27 gp (Held by Errol)
    200 cp (Held by Errol)
    Set of Keys (Held by Illvelious) - one key opens the doors to the guard room beneath the Earth Monastery, +3 more keys
    Small figurine of a one-eyed orc (Gruumsh)(Held by Illvelious)
    Ring of Fire Resistance (Held by Errol)
    Silver ruby ring (600 gp)(Held by Errol)
    Reszor, magical rapier - Rapier (uncommon), requires attunement (Held by Errol)
    Reszor was commissioned by a soldier turned assassin to enhance his ability to kill without being detected. It has a star motif etched into the blade and the handle is of blue leather. Dried blood clings to the blade and cannot be cleaned off. The weapon counts as magical and when you make an attack against on opponent while hidden the attack will make no noise. Additionally, when you make an attack with this weapon and get to use bonus damage dice, such as superiority dice or sneak attack dice, roll an additional die and discard the lowest. When you say the command word "Reszor" the blade will glow with dim light out to a 5ft radius, saying the command word again will turn the light off. Finally there is a mild curse on the blade that drives the wielder to kill. After rendering an opponent incapacitated or unconscious make a DC7 WIS saving throw to stop yourself from killing the creature.

  10. #1660
    Member
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)



    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    1,152
    "I'll try!"

    OOC: I don't know how heavy Duran is, or if picking him up counts as my free object interaction?

    Any way, Ilvellios will try and get over towards where the others have run to, picking up Duran if he is able, or Disengaging if that's not possible..

Similar Threads

  1. [Full] Tall's PotA Campiagn
    By TallIan in forum Talking the Talk
    Replies: 552
    Last Post: Friday, 14th June, 2019, 09:31 AM
  2. Tall's PotA Campaign - RG
    By TallIan in forum Talking the Talk
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: Tuesday, 20th December, 2016, 07:17 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: Sunday, 13th September, 2015, 05:41 AM
  4. Rhenny's PotA Campaign Session 6 Update
    By Rhenny in forum *Dungeons & Dragons
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Saturday, 25th July, 2015, 01:16 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •