D&D 5E Tall's PotA Campaign - IC

Yavathol

Explorer
"It looks like I'm outvoted,", Ilvellios grinned, "Fine, let's finish the water cult and try in the process to get a lead on the fire cult."

Thateous

Explorer
"Surely the cults are connected, perhaps we can gain Intel on the others once we finish off the water cult." I suggest.
"Does anyone need supplies before we head out?"

TallIan

Explorer
Desairn Valley, Day 11, Morning

After arestful night in Red Larch you all head off to Womford. Huge puddles of water in areas that should not be wet and swamped fields of ruined crops bear witness to the strange flood that was reported by the visitors from Womford is apparent as you near the town.

The town itself is mercifully undamaged and you are able to easily charter a boat to take you upriver.

GM: I started this, then realised I'd jumped to the conclusion that you were going back in through the secret entrance you found. You can approach the keep through the front gate as well if you prefer.

TallIan

Explorer
Desairn Valley, Day 11, Afternoon

You take a boat up the Desairin river. The crew get nervous as they pass the keep, looming over the river from the cliffs, but you pass unmolested for the protection money often demanded.

The boat captain drops you off at the strange rock formation that marks the small valley where the secret entrance is and heads off, unwilling to wait and get caught in the dark.

Making your way along you easily find the spring that hides the entrance and you make your way along the low, wet, grueling tunnel that leads to the underground secret entrance.

The small landing, still lit be the floating globe, is unguarded and a single boat bumps gently against the rock.

Upstairs you can hear a few people in the great hall. The upper floor there is some noise coming from the southern room.

You can come out in either of the red circles. The upper floor is slightly inaccurate because I added and extra secret staircase, but its good enough to work with.

TallIan

Explorer
As Gormok prods the globe it drops slightly, as though the power keeping it afloat has been disrupted, before it moves slightly away from his finger. Once the contact is broken it raises an inch back to the height it was before.

Azurewraith

Explorer
As the globe drops Gormok's finger retracts with the speed of a predator snatching prey waking past its lair, he waits a full 3 seconds before prodding it again this time a little harder.

Remove ads