D&D 5E Dire Wolves.... Curse of Strahd,cant find the stats/write-up for them!!

Cthulhugh

Explorer
So on page 29 in the CoS book one of the random encounters is 1d6 dire wolves, the "dire wolves" text is bold indicating the description of the die wolves is in the MM however I cant find it anywhere.

Would some kind soul point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance.

Prakriti

Hi, I'm a Mindflayer, but don't let that worry you
Natural beasts like wolves, bears, and rats are in Appendix A of the Monster Manual. Dire wolves appear on page 321.

In case anyone is AFB:

http://www.5esrd.com/gamemastering/monsters-foes/monsters-alphabetical/monsters-a/animals/animal-wolf-dire said:
Large beast, unaligned
Armor Class 14 (natural armor)
Hit Points 37 (5d10 + 10)
Speed 50 ft.

Str 17 (+3) Dex 15 (+2) Con 15 (+2) Int 3 (-4) Wis 12 (+1) Cha 7 (-2)

Skills Perception +3, Stealth +4
Senses: passive Perception 13
Languages

Challenge 1 (200 XP)
Special Traits

• Keen Hearing and Smell: The wolf has advantage on Wisdom (Perception) checks that rely on hearing or smell.
  • Pack Tactics: The wolf has advantage on an attack roll against a creature if at least one of the wolf’s allies is within 5 feet of the creature and the ally isn’t incapacitated.Actions

• Bite: Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 10 (2d6 + 3) piercing damage. If the target is a creature, it must succeed on a DC 13 Strength saving throw or be knocked prone.

The following description was not included in the official SRD, and does not affect any rules or mechanics written therein.

This immense black wolf is the size of a horse, its fangs as large and sharp as knives.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases