D&D 5E Check out this beautiful Sword Coast print!

Mepher

Adventurer
Staples Blueprints are my go to for all my gaming stuff now. I just flipped the Saltmarsh map so it was oriented properly for play on the Sword Coast. Redid all the labels and rotated the compass. I printed it as a 24x36 color blueprint Sunday morning for my afternoon game. They did rush printing while I waited and it cost me less than $6 out the door.

48222611402_9207cb3fa8_k.jpg

robus

Lowcountry Low Roller
Supporter
Staples Blueprints are my go to for all my gaming stuff now. I just flipped the Saltmarsh map so it was oriented properly for play on the Sword Coast. Redid all the labels and rotated the compass. I printed it as a 24x36 color blueprint Sunday morning for my afternoon game. They did rush printing while I waited and it cost me less than $6 out the door.

That’s lovely. Kind of wish WotC had offered a flipped version of the map as it’s obviously going to be used on the Sword Coast as you say. Nicely hacked! :)

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
Man, I wish I could do that for my FR game, but our map still has the stuff from 4e that they erased, and we use too much of the rest of the continent to use the 5e map...

But the 4e map is inaccurate to it's own book's description, does a poor job of showing accurate terrain (like how forested an area is, for instance), and just isn't as nice for a print in terms of the colors and style.

Hussar

Legend

View attachment 107480

Very pretty.

And, oh look, North is at the top of the map. :D :p

Sadras

Legend
For those in the know, is vinyl better than having it printed on canvas?
Thinking of getting a massive print for out campaigns and was considering canvas until I saw this thread.

Beleriphon

Totally Awesome Pirate Brain
For those in the know, is vinyl better than having it printed on canvas?
Thinking of getting a massive print for out campaigns and was considering canvas until I saw this thread.

Depends. Canvas will give a really, really nice Ye Olde Mappe texture. Vinyl wears much, much better. I got an FR map printed on vinyl from bannerbuzz.ca and looks great, a bit grainy on the smallest fonts, but totally readable. Canvas though is different, and it will look different, but I'd imagine you'd get large the same effect.

Big difference is vinyl tends to be less expensive.

robus

Lowcountry Low Roller
Supporter
The vinyl still has a kind of floppy feel. so it doesn’t feel plastic-y and the corners curl up in a nice way :) Not that I’ve tried it, but i believe that you can use wet erase markers on the vinyl with no trouble.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases