ZEITGEIST ZEITGEIST 5E

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Would those of us with lifetime gold subscriptions (or subscriptions of any kind) have access to the 5E version?

Lifetime gold? You mean silver?

I think we'll probably phase out the gold. It was used for Ryan to upload working manuscripts of Zeitgeist as it was being developed, but that's all over now. I'll put the 5E versions in the silver subscriber area though, as and when they appear (no ETA on them).

gideonpepys

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Great stuff. I'm not playing Zeitgeist any more, sadly, but I'd love to see how everything translates.

Samuel Cole

First Post
We just finished Adventure 8, and the 4E character builder is getting harder to use and silverlight gets more and more antiquated. So I'm considering switching to 5E the moment that the Axis Seal opens in Adventure 9 - the stars fall, the planes realign, and everyone's magic works differently from how it used to.

That said, I do really love 4E, so part of me would be sad to switch.

skotothalamos

formerly roadtoad
We just finished Adventure 8, and the 4E character builder is getting harder to use and silverlight gets more and more antiquated. So I'm considering switching to 5E the moment that the Axis Seal opens in Adventure 9 - the stars fall, the planes realign, and everyone's magic works differently from how it used to.

We did exactly that, for pretty much the same reasons.

skotothalamos

formerly roadtoad
Are you just winging the 5E conversion?

Yep. We ran a side adventure through Curse of Strahd for everyone to get used to 5e (including me). Now, we are two weeks into adventures 10 & 11 (which I smushed together) and it's going pretty well. I just ask the players what they want to investigate next at the end of each session and then convert over the course of the week.

Zipster

Explorer
Definitely will keep my eye on this. Ive been running Zeitgeist for about a year now in Pathfinder. I love the story, and I enjoy the sheer amount of options in Pathfinder, but the numbers are just getting outrageous. The tank has 26 AC and is only level 6 and the rogue has a +19 to his stealth. They aren't even trying to min/max, either.

The downside is that it seems I'd end up having to craft each character specifically for 5th since Gunslinger, Oracle, the arcane gun wizard, and the like aren't really in 5th.

mdusty

Explorer
Yep. We ran a side adventure through Curse of Strahd for everyone to get used to 5e (including me). Now, we are two weeks into adventures 10 & 11 (which I smushed together) and it's going pretty well. I just ask the players what they want to investigate next at the end of each session and then convert over the course of the week.

Just curious, why did you smash together adventures 10 & 11? Is it easier to run or does it make sense to do so?

skotothalamos

formerly roadtoad
Just curious, why did you smash together adventures 10 & 11? Is it easier to run or does it make sense to do so?

It definitely does not make things easier, but I wanted the new king to feel like there was more going on in the world than just the structure of 10. Both of them have an open structure that lets the group choose what order they want to attack their problems, so I just extended that to the problems of 11 as well.

[sblock] For instance, there's a very obvious wall presented by She Who Writhes. "Oh, we can just do these three titans, and then She Who Writhes last, and nothing will bother us, because we are safe behind an angry ocean." I felt that was too clean, and I wanted the threat of Beran invasion to be another thing the King should worry about. Do they prioritize domestic or foreign affairs? That, to me, is more interesting than just having all the domestic issues cleanly presented, and then all the foreign issues (starting with Cherage).

It does mess with the structure somewhat. Vlendam Heid is at both Cherage and Drakr in the original text. He will not be at Cherage if he is not first freed from Drakr. The original structure provides them with a flying ship shortly after the seas are opened up. I think it will be a lot more fun to have Pemberton come and seek the group in his flying ship, giving them the option of whether to deal with SWW or just fly over her to the northern landmass. (sidenote: future Zeitgeist publications should clearly name the two major landmasses. It's really annoying to keep referring to them as "the one with Risur and Ber" and "the one with Danor, Drakr, Crisillyir, and Elfaivar.")[/sblock]

hirou

Explorer
sidenote: future Zeitgeist publications should clearly name the two major landmasses. It's really annoying to keep referring to them as "the one with Risur and Ber" and "the one with Danor, Drakr, Crisillyir, and Elfaivar.")
In my headcanon, "Lanjyr" was the original name of the continent before you-know-what happened, giving birth to Yerasol archipelago. This places Risur and Ber on Southern Lanjyr and Crisillyir with Drakr at Northern Lanjyr. Elfaivar is located on separate continent, perhaps joined with the land of Ragesia from WotBS off-map.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases