M&M - Interest Check

Insight

Adventurer
Hello:

I am interested in possibly running a new M&M 3rd ed game. The hitch is that I am already running 2 other games on this site. That said, I love me some superhero gaming. I wouldn't mind playing, and not running, but that doesn't appear to be an option.

Anyway, what I am looking for at this point is players who are interested in joining this effort. I am not looking for character concepts, although, if you have a strong interest in a character, feel free to post it.

Shayuri

First Post
Count me in!

Seems like a lot of games have died the slow death in the aftermath of the Event so I have some openings on the old dance card, and I am missing mah superhero fix!

Insight

Adventurer
One thing I'm considering is having the players create PL 5 regular characters and then go through their superhero origin as part of the game. Does that sound interesting?

Shayuri

First Post
Sure! That'd be cool! Do you want us to have an idea of the character's super form previous to the origin, or are you angling for a more emergent theme, with the powers we gain deriving from the manner in which we gain them?

Shayuri

First Post
What kind of PL are you envisioning for the supers? And is it a sort of 4 color anything goes setting as far as power types and origin stories? Or a grittier thing where powers come from something fairly specific, even if the kinds of powers can vary widely?

Are we good with gadgets and aliens and wizards? Or is everyone a mutant (or something), in other words?

Forged Fury

First Post
I'd be tempted in putting in for this. I've never played M&M of any flavor, but I looked up 3rd Edition and it seems somewhat based on D20, is that correct? I do love superhero stories...

Shayuri

First Post
M&M is a spinoff of d20, yeah. It's diverged somewhat significantly by 3rd edition, but the core mechanic is still the same (meet DC with a 1d20 roll), and the system is quite streamlined and easy to learn. There's a free online SRD too!

Shayuri

First Post
I'm actually a big fan of it. It has a lot of the robust character options I cut my teeth on in GURPS, but with a very quick and easy task resolution and combat system.

Remove ads