DL : stand-alone d20 ?

Will the DLCS be playable on its own (like Wheel of Time) or will we need all the D&D corebooks? What about the MM since DL gets its own Bestiary, or will that be as small as Monsters of Faerun?

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
While I have no special insider knowledge of the book, I feel extremely confident in saying that it will be a campaign setting book, requiring use of the 3 Core Rulebooks, and that it will make use of the 3.5E rules.

I'm guessing that the Bestiary will probably be sort of like Monsters of Faerun for Forgotten Realms, or Denizens of Darkness for Ravenloft; you can use the MM, but there are a lot of distinctive creatures that only the Beastiary will have (along with notes on what MM creatures you definately shouldn't use, I would guess).

Ranger REG

Explorer
Shadowlord said:

Will the DLCS be playable on its own (like Wheel of Time) or will we need all the D&D corebooks? What about the MM since DL gets its own Bestiary, or will that be as small as Monsters of Faerun?
The DLCS will bear the same format as FRCS (or Forgotten Realms Campaign Sourcebook) with rules tailor-made for the World of Krynn (compatible to 3.5e).

As for the DL "monster book," you'll have to ask the folks at Sovereign Press, who will be supporting the campaign sourcebook with supplements.

Remove ads