WotBS Leska's Inquisition in Pathfinder: the Antimagic subdomain and the Telestic Apostasy Inquisition

thekwp

First Post
I am working on my conversion to Pathfinder of War of the Burning Sky for my War of the Burning Sky Unchained campaign.

As part of this, I have been working on converting the Inquisition to a pathfinder format. I played with the idea of creating an archetype for the clergy of the Inquisition, and may still develop one. However, what I have settled on instead as a first stab is a new subdomain of the Magic Domain, the Antimagic Subdomain, and a new Inquisition for the inquisitor class, the Telestic Apostasy Inquisition.

I would really appreciate feedback and thoughts on this. The first encounter with the inquisition, Inquisitor Boreus and his forces, seems likely to happen this Wednesday night. I suspect that this is slightly more powerful than normally would be in balance for a Domain power or Inquisition, but not excessively compared to the source material, and as an antagonist only option should not cause too many problems.

The Rebuke Magic feat is drawn from the draft Pathfinder version of the War of the Burning Sky campaign guide posted by Morrus. Thanks for the bootstrap on Pathfinder conversions!

The Antimagic Subdomain

Associated Domain: Magic

Replacement Power: The following granted power replaces the hand of the acolyte power of the Magic domain.

Disrupting Channel (Su): You receive Rebuke Magic as a bonus feat. Any feat or situation that adds to the DC of the save of your channel energy also adds to your effective caster level for dispel checks.

Replacement Domain Spells: 2nd - Detect Magic, Greater, 4th - Globe of Invulnerability, Lesser

Telestic Apostasy Inquisition

Granted Powers: You receive Rebuke Magic as a bonus feat. You can channel energy a number of times per day equal to 3 + your Wisdom modifier, but only to use the selected feat. You can take other feats to add to this ability, such as Extra Channel and Improved Channel, but not feats that alter this ability, such as Elemental Channel and Alignment Channel. Any feat or situation that would add to the DC of the save of your channel energy instead adds to your effective caster level for dispel checks.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases