James Ward - homage to Aliens?

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
I was just checking out the news story about the entry at http://www.fastforwardgames.com/ and was intrigued to see that they were working on a new version of Metamorphosis Alpha (the first RPG I ever bought).

The only thing they have there is the picture. Ah, the picture.

Take a look at the armoured personnel carrier. Notice the shape, the wheels, the rail for the top gun turret...

Do you think they got permission from 20th Century Fox to use their artistic property on the cover :)

Cheers

Krug

Newshound
In 1974, I was deep in my collage years...
.. and I made some really puhtreety art too!

GAD JAMES GET A NEW EDITOR!

Other than that it isn't a bad article.. but that mistake on the first line just jumps right at you and hits you with a sledgehammer.

Last edited:

herald

First Post
Since the APC is question is modeled after a real world piece of mining equipment, I doubt that will be an issue.

barsoomcore

Unattainable Ideal
herald: what is the mining equipment you refer to? Any images of it on the web?

Cause that looks EXACTLY like the APC from Aliens, that's for sure.

Now, it's probably perfectly legal -- it's not like the APC is a trademark or anything. No reason why you couldn't make a model that looked exactly like it, as long as you didn't identify it as being "From Aliens" or anything, I bet you'd be okay.

I'd run that past a lawyer before I put on the cover of MY book, but still.

I actually wouldn't put it on the cover of my book, because I'd think people would look at it and go, "Hey, they're ripping off Aliens. Lame."

But maybe that's just me.

herald

First Post
barsoomcore said:
herald: what is the mining equipment you refer to? Any images of it on the web?

Cause that looks EXACTLY like the APC from Aliens, that's for sure.

Now, it's probably perfectly legal -- it's not like the APC is a trademark or anything. No reason why you couldn't make a model that looked exactly like it, as long as you didn't identify it as being "From Aliens" or anything, I bet you'd be okay.

I'd run that past a lawyer before I put on the cover of MY book, but still.

I actually wouldn't put it on the cover of my book, because I'd think people would look at it and go, "Hey, they're ripping off Aliens. Lame."

But maybe that's just me.

It was a picture from one of my son's picture books. It was a color snapshot, not an illistration. On the other hand, when I saw alien's APC I thought to my self, didn't they have that vehical in Space:1999 or was it Thunderbirds.

Last edited:

Remove ads