RPG Crowdfunding News 031: Flat Plastic Miniatures 2, 1879 Gamemaster’s Guide, The Game Master Tool

Welcome back to our weekly look at tabletop roleplaying game, and accessories, crowdfunding roundup! Each week we’ll be looking at a few campaigns currently running that have caught our eye as well as occasionally speaking to some of the creators about their campaigns, or looking at some of the ‘behind the scenes’ business aspects of putting together, launching, operating and then delivering a crowdfunded project. If you have anything you’d like us to cover, or questions about anything we talk about, please don’t hesitate to leave a comment or contact me directly.

Welcome back to our weekly look at tabletop roleplaying game, and accessories, crowdfunding roundup! Each week we’ll be looking at a few campaigns currently running that have caught our eye as well as occasionally speaking to some of the creators about their campaigns, or looking at some of the ‘behind the scenes’ business aspects of putting together, launching, operating and then delivering a crowdfunded project. If you have anything you’d like us to cover, or questions about anything we talk about, please don’t hesitate to leave a comment or contact me directly.

[h=3]Flat Plastic Miniatures 2 by Arcknight[/h]
(Campaign Ends : Friday 3rd February 2017; 17:01 UTC)

This is the second series of Arcknight’s innovative new form of transparent plastic miniatures – this time featuring Spacefarers, Pirates and Cyberpunks sets – although other sets may be unlocked if stretch goals are met.

The figures are a new form of new tabletop game piece which is colourful, affordable and durable. They are full-colour with double-sided artwork depicting hundreds of different character and monster types and they’ve already produced both original and licensed sets for games and campaigns such as Southlands (Kobold Press), Weird Wars Rome and Deadlands Noir (Pinnacle Entertainment), Animals & Familiars, Supers!, Zombie Horde, Orcs & Goblins, Objects & Scenery, Ancient Evils and The Grove. The figures certainly add a distinctive flavour to the gaming table and are well worth checking out.

[h=3]1879 Gamemaster’s Guide Art & Pint by FASA Corporation[/h]
(Campaign Ends : Sunday 15th January 2017; 20:00 UTC)

1879 is not the London of our own history. A steam-powered British Empire, that spans across two worlds, is ruled over by Victoria and Albert. Thanks to a portal known as the Rabbit Hole a train ride is all that lies between London and a new world known as the Grosvenor Land. A land of fertile plains, towering mountains, giant insects, and Babylonians with weird science zombies…

The 1879 Gamemaster’s Guide is the companion to the already available 1879 Players Guide.

From the secrets of Her Majesty’s government, to descriptions of secret societies, to details of the inventions of the age, the Gamemaster’s Guide delivers a wealth of knowledge and information for the gamemaster to incorporate into their 1879 campaign. Contained herein are the game mechanics for traps and poisons, Engine hacking, airships. Horses and other mounts, and gamemaster characters, including a roster of pregenerated characters ready for use. Delve more deeply into the alternate history, challenge your players with complex, ongoing plotlines, and let slip clues of nefarious doings that will require true heroes to oppose and bring the scoundrels to justice!

[h=3]The Game Masters Tool Chest – A Luxury Carry-all for Gamers by Rose’s Gaming Accessories[/h]
(Campaign Ends : Thursday 12th January 2017; 13:51 UTC)

Rose’s Gaming Accessories certainly are offering plenty of choices to the backers of their Game Masters Tool Chest! From a choice of engravings (anything from the All-Seeing Eye and the Elder Sign to Ying and Yang), wood embellishments (including Yggdrasil, 20 Sided Dice and a Dragon Head), a selection of felt colours for the tray linings, Script engraving fonts (Runic, Elvish, etc), the types of wood (including Ash, Maple and Iroko), Wood dyes (16 different varieties) and how many compartments you’d like in your bottom tray (Four, Six or Eight)!

The Game Masters Tool Chest is an elegant combination of a GM Screen, Dice Rolling Tray and a Dice Storage, The Box is divided into two separate trays.

The Upper Tray of the box contains enough space to store miscellaneous items (notes, pencils, etc) when closed. When open it functions as a dice rolling tray and can be used as a very effective screen, which locks into place utilizing the same mechanism that secures the lid. Also the two screen wings are held into place with the use of powerful earth magnets when the screen or box is not in use.

The Bottom Tray of our chest is the dice storage area, which is available in various layout, the beauty of this design means the bottom tray can be accessed even when the screen is up and locked into place, allowing you to access the storage with your players being none the wiser.

[h=3]Sisterhood of the Blade (Anthology) by Battlefield Press Inc [/h]
(Campaign Ends : Thursday 5th January 2017; 13:10 UTC)

Battlefield Press is better known as a Role Playing Game publisher (with the ENnie winning Eldritch Skies among their titles) but they also occasionally dabble in fiction publishing (The Double Spiral War and Kaiser’s Gate – Tales from the Front being two such titles). The Sisterhood of the Blade Anthology is their latest foray in to fiction features such writers as Ed Greenwood, Rachel Ventura, August Hahn and Rose Estes in the list of contributors of this volume, edited by Hal Greenberg and Jonathan M. Thompson.

In an age when it is not proper for a woman to be a soldier, three bright, savvy, and well-trained female warriors must hide who they are when they accept the burden of protecting and helping their queen (Anne). But once you meet these three musketeers, you’ll realize proper was never a concern.

Aimi met and fell in love with Jacques Marlette when the oils trader visited her birthplace of Japan. After they married, she learned of her husband’s friendship with France’s current ruler, King Louis XIII, which in turn brought her close to the queen. Extremely loyal to the crown, Aimi still has the queen’s ear even after Jacque left France on an important errand for the king, never to return.

When Aimi was told of her husband’s death, she decided to not be the grieving widow but she did vow that she would make some. Taking up her katana, she dove head first into rumors that the cardinal was plotting against the king and queen, for in those rumors lay the only clues to her love’s murder. Clothed in black or brown, and with a rifle never out of reach, she will protect her quee and all of France.

To aid in her quest, Lady Marlette hired two new “hand maidens” after Jacque’s death. They are the African pirate, Adina, and the master tactician and French red-head, Padgett.

Living on the Marlette estate, Aimi, Adina, and Padgett train hard to serve their queen. They have a small armory, and money is never a concern. Together their tales are more than just a female version of the Three Musketeers, but a reimagining as if the queen had her own special guard.

If you like what we do here at EN World (the Forums, Columns, News, ENnies, etc) and would like to help support us to bring you MORE please consider supporting our Patreon. Even a single dollar helps Thanks!

If you have a forthcoming Kickstarter, or see one that excites you, please feel free to drop me an email on angus.abranson@gmail.com You can follow me on Twitter @ Angus_A or on Facebook where I often post about gaming.

Until next week, have fun and happy gaming!

Angus Abranson

Gecko85

Explorer
I can vouch for the Arcknight flat plastic minis. I have a couple sets, and they're great. Great space savers, too. Like Pathfinder Pawns, but better (see through, and thinner). They also make spell/aoe templates. Very handy.

A katana is a poor weapon for a nimble warrior. It is a hand-and-a-half, curved, heavy cut-and-thrust sword. A katana is not designed to be nimble, or for a nimble warrior; it is designed for a class of warriors who wore heavy armour. The katana's very strength; it's capable, heavy cut-and-thrust, is mostly pointless against the light armour of the day. In that *setting, the rapier's speed easily wins.

In short, the book has a character wielding a shotgun firing solid slugs, in a setting where most characters wield uzis, and the armour of the day is mostly meant for grazing shots.

* The rapier against the katana in its own setting is a rather different matter, as the rapier has little ability against heavier, more complete forms of armour.

77IM

Explorer!!!
Supporter
+1 for ArcKnight flat plastic minis. I picked some up at PAX South and they are excellent. I'm going to run The Holdenshire Chronicles soon and I'm planning to use these minis exclusively.

+2 for ArcKnight flat plastic minis, I bought a pack at Gen Con, good guys. Also was part of the first flat plastic minis KS. I love how they look and how easy to store.

Remove ads

Remove ads