5E Hydellor OOC - Page 34
Page 34 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2425262728293031323334353637 LastLast

Thread: Hydellor OOC

So I just rolled this up. Decided to play a Folk Hero and I've been wanting to come up with a backstory that isn't absolutely chock full of cliches. I'll get to work on it soon.

Friend: Oldest sibling, (sister) who went off to college and which he adores.

Rival: 2nd oldest sibling (Brother) Talented entertainer, (not sure what kind) who just never seemed to get the attention he wanted at home. Probably because he was always looking for it the wrong way. (Middle kid syndrome?)

BlehName:  1560550517782~2.jpeg
Views: 73
Size:  119.5 KB

Spellbinder (Lvl 16)

Looking good so far.

How do you want to handle starting gear? Anything special?

Also... Tinket: (1d100)[42]

Rank insignia from a lost legionnaire. Too easy, it was his missing father's.

I seem to have picked description details that point to an Old Ones Human, or an Arideen, I guess. (Fair skinned, blond and blue eyes.) I'll go Old One, might be more interesting.
    Last edited by gargoyleking; Saturday, 15th June, 2019 at 05:19 AM.

Spellbinder (Lvl 16)

Quote Originally Posted by gargoyleking View Post
    How do you want to handle starting gear? Anything special?
    Take your standard starting gear package from the PHB. Since we're starting you higher level you can have the starting Wealth by your class (the random roll) on top of it.

Spellbinder (Lvl 16)

Quote Originally Posted by gargoyleking View Post
    Also... Tinket: [roll0]

Rank insignia from a lost legionnaire. Too easy, it was his missing father's.

I seem to have picked description details that point to an Old Ones Human, or an Arideen, I guess. (Fair skinned, blond and blue eyes.) I'll go Old One, might be more interesting.
    For the Old Ones, think like Celts. Their tribes were pushed to the western fringes of the Empire when the Arideens moved into Essuss and Helveki. Many tribes integrated into imperial society. If your father was a legionnaire, he might be one of them. Others maintained the old ways and exist now mostly in western Essuss and the Ingha Swamp. Many on the island of Gilead are "civilized" Old Ones with an Arideen nobility (like the Norman French in England).

Actually, this works into the idea I'm working on atm. His family has a history of loyalty, working for the Imperial family. Though they've garnered a lot of respect for their service, they've never been given the opportunity to grow beyond a certain rank.

Spellbinder (Lvl 16)

Okay. That prompts the question then of which country you are from?

I was going to say Arideen. His brother and sister both work for the palace, one friendly, the other not so much. And another brother who decided to take up farming for 'some reason' he won't talk about. In fact, none of them will explain anything to Oryn.