D&D 5E [DM Help] Faerûn's Vendors - A flexible vendor system for magic consumables

lkwpeter

Explorer
[DM Help] Faerûn's Vendors - A flexible vendor system for magic consumables

Hey,

the DMG states on page 135 that:

“Most magic items are so rare that they aren't available for purchase. […] Doing so is rarely as simple as walking into a shop and selecting an item from a shelf.”

Besides some very spartan rules concerning selling and crafting there definitely is a lack of information about how to handle magic item availability. That means that a DM always runs the risk of making momentous decisions that unbalance the game.

Because of that, I created a vendor system that is intended to be as flexible and versatile as possible. You can easily adjust any values given to perfectly fit your campaign!

You can download it for free on DM's Guild.

If you want to buy me a beer, use the "Support Publisher" field to pay what you want.

Also feel free to leave a comment.

Kind regards!

Last edited:

ArchfiendBobbie

First Post
Well, the idea is that any magic items you give the players are ones you intended to give them. If you want to go 20 levels with nothing more than potions and scrolls, there's really nothing stopping you from doing it.

Viking Bastard

Adventurer
[DM Help] Faerûn's Vendors - A flexible vendor system for magic consumables

In my current campaign, the PCs will come upon the occasional magic item vendor, but they always have a very limited inventory of pre-chosen items (and a shitload of consumables).

After just skimming your document, I think it might be of use to me.

Last edited:

Nod_Hero

Explorer
I grabbed it over on the Guild, will look it over.
Quick Question:
If you published it on the Guild isn't it required to be exclusive to them?

lkwpeter

Explorer
Thanks for your support, Nod_Hero! Uff...good Question. Didn't think about that to be honest. I will look it up immediately.

Last edited:

Remove ads