D&D 5E Forgotten Realms is being BETRAYED by Wizards

Oofta

Legend
Boy I hear you. If they're going to trash The Beloved Realms(tm) this much they might as well go all the way.

Let's advance the timeline a century so all your old human characters are dead and dust. Change entire continents. Introduce half dragons and sentient robots. Change the very nature of magic. That'll show 'em.

If you're going to make an omelette really break some eggs, don't just pussyfoot around about it.

SPECTRE666

Adventurer
I remember the "Richard Baker MUST Be Stopped!!" thread from the old Wizbro FR Forums in 2007/2008. Then it morphed into "Christopher Perkins MUST Be Stopped!!" thread...

Then in a WotC Podcast Richard and Chris had a "Richard Baker MUST Be Stopped!!" sign in the background.

SPECTRE666

Adventurer
Boy I hear you. If they're going to trash The Beloved Realms(tm) this much they might as well go all the way.

Let's advance the timeline a century so all your old human characters are dead and dust. Change entire continents. Introduce half dragons and sentient robots. Change the very nature of magic. That'll show 'em.

If you're going to make an omelette really break some eggs, don't just pussyfoot around about it.

And then change it all back but keep the advanced timeline, produce a Guide set in a little itty bitty corner of the setting, cause you know the setting intimidates the current crop of Wizbro "Hot-Shots". At least they can't screw it up anymore than it is...

L R Ballard

Explorer
Warforged ... although technically I guess they were introduced in 3.5 as an Eberron and then added to 4E FR because it had to have every race possible.

Good grief.

I haven't played in the Forgotten Realms since 3.5. It sounds like the new story has jumped the shark.

Oofta

Legend
Good grief.

I haven't played in the Forgotten Realms since 3.5. It sounds like the new story has jumped the shark.

Well, all of that was introduced with 4E (at which point FR did jump the shark in my opinion). In WOTC's defense they're trying to jump back over the shark with 5E, but other than claiming that it was all just a bad dream there's only so much they can do.

Warforged had kind of a cool background and actually fit with Eberron's story. In FR? Not so much.

L R Ballard

Explorer
I suppose DMs Guild gives fans of the Realms a chance to write content that further explores Faerûn in its 2e and 3e versions. The upcoming Yawning Portal title looks like a step in the right direction, too.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases