D&D 5E Heroes of Hydellor

Lord Twig

Adventurer
"I think we should wait. We have pushed our luck too far already." She will secure the door the best she can for now. Then move back up the stairs a little ways, but will try to keep the door in sight. Then she will sit down and rest.

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
''Agreed. let us go back to the others.'' Theremin says, disappointed in himself for being weak. Once back, he'll start singing a tale of old to inspire the others.

OOC: Theremin will use the inspiring leader (also 10 minutes). I imagine Liam's tressym scouting will take a few minutes, so we should have time

Lord Twig

Adventurer
When she hears Theremin singing Mindra moves back to the top of the stairs to hear him better.

OOC: So are we attempting a short rest or long? Mindra will go with whatever the group decides. If a short rest she will use as many hit dice as it takes to get back up to full health.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Unknown location/Tower
Seaday, Emperorweek, 2 Moon/12:23 PM
Weather: Chilly temps, light wind, light rain
Lighting: Dim to Dark: Disadvantage for Perception and Investigation unless you have a light source
Round 0

As Liam continues his ritual, and Theremin his song, a pounding comes on the door that they secured down below. They can hear the shouting of the armored male kobold they had fought below, the one they had walked off the tower. Apparently he’d survived the fall and rallied some kobolds to try and gain revenge for the death of his mate.

“Oooooh…” Sayine said anxiously.

OOC: You can stall if you want. Mindra can roll a Thieves Tools check for the DC of how well she secured the door (for Lockpicking and Strength checks). It will be at minimum a 10 for the basic door lock. The door is AC 15 with 20 HP if they try and batter it down with weapons. Stall long enough and you could get your ritual and Inspiring Leader off.
Liam ritual casting Find Familiar 6/10 rounds
Theremin Inspiring Leader 4/10 rounds

[MENTION=5044]Charwoman Gene[/MENTION] [MENTION=31754]Lord Twig[/MENTION] [MENTION=15132]Steve Gorak[/MENTION] [MENTION=6855204]tglassy[/MENTION]

[sblock=Rolls]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Maps]
Combat Map:
Player Overview Map:

[sblock=Status]
Coriana (+2) AC 15 24/24+5 thp PP 14
Liam (+2) AC 14 14/18 PP 14 Devil’s Sight
Mindra (+4) AC 15 6/19 PP 18 Darkvision
Theremin (+5) AC 15 5/19 PP 14 Darkvision
Sayine (+5) AC 15 8/14 PP 13 Darkvision, Breath, Spells (Yellow, 1/d): dancing lights, mage hand, minor illusion, color spray*, mirror image*

Engir (+2) AC 15 30/64 PP 11 Darkvision, Sunlight sensitivity
[/sblock]

[sblock=Notes]
Survival:
Marching Order: Mindra, Coriana, Theremin (Sayine), Liam
Travel Pace: Normal
Travel activity: Mindra (watch), Coriana (map), Liam (watch), Theremin (watch), Sayine (watch)
Light: Dim light
[/sblock]

[sblock=Loot]
300 gp
[/sblock]

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Unknown location/Tower
Seaday, Emperorweek, 2 Moon/12:24 PM
Lighting: Dim to Dark: Disadvantage for Perception and Investigation unless you have a light source
Round 0

The kobolds had come out of nowhere in the darkness, on Owyn before he even knew what was happening. Maybe he shouldn’t have drank that skin of wine. Maybe he shouldn’t have been traveling alone. But he’d thought Essess was pretty safe, and he was only just off the road.

Now he was coming to in darkness. A dim flicker of light came from a torch on the wall, casting a shaky pool of light. The darkness seemed...oppressive and ominous, the light struggling against it. He was in a dungeon of some kind, metal bars surrounding him. A thick wooden door with a barred window in it showed further torchlight beyond.

“H-Hello?” a voice came from the darkness. There was movement in the cell. “Are you awake yet?” It was a woman’s voice, raspy from disuse -- or screaming and crying. A gentle hand touched Owyn’s face and someone offered a skin of water. It was brackish and warm, but wet.

[MENTION=5044]Charwoman Gene[/MENTION] [MENTION=31754]Lord Twig[/MENTION] [MENTION=15132]Steve Gorak[/MENTION] [MENTION=6855204]tglassy[/MENTION] [MENTION=6865745]gargoyleking[/MENTION]

[sblock=Rolls]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Maps]
Combat Map:
Player Overview Map:

[sblock=Status]
Owyn (+3) AC 19 36/36 PP 14
Sayine (+5) AC 15 8/14 PP 13 Darkvision, Breath, Spells (Yellow, 1/d): dancing lights, mage hand, minor illusion, color spray*, mirror image*

[/sblock]

[sblock=Notes]
Survival:
Travel activity: Mindra (watch), Coriana (map), Liam (watch), Theremin (watch), Sayine (watch)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Loot]
300 gp
[/sblock]

gargoyleking

Adventurer
With a groan, Owyn sat up. Kobolds? He'd been minding his own business too. He'd been travelling a while, hoping to visit his sister, Cera, at The Academy. His voice cracked as he responded. "Awake? I suppose, if I'm not dead, I must be awake. Where are we?"

He accepts the water and drinks thankfully. As he does so, he looks at the voice in the darkness. Trying to make out details. After giving her a chance to respond, and his throat to absorb the moisture he spoke again, with his voice much cleaner. "I am Owyn Karnigran."

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Hearing banging on the door, Theremin readies his crossbow and takes position. ''They are coming, and they will need to climb the stairs. That should give us the edge''. He turns to Sayine and says ''Please stay back dear, I would hate to see you getting hurt again''

OOC: Theremin will go behind the boulder facing the stairs, and attempt to hide: [roll0]
FYI, the sblock for the maps is broken, I had to use a previous post

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Unknown location/Tower
Seaday, Emperorweek, 2 Moon/12:24 PM
Round 0

DUNGEON

“B-Beturea,” the voice answered Owyn. “I’m Beturea Falim. You’re Human? You’re the first I’ve seen for days! I...th-think we’re in old Eobold’s Tower, in the dungeon? I can’t be sure. I woke up here.”

TOP OF TOWER

[OOC=]Theramin: The big boulder isn’t in the room anymore. In fact, the roof is perfectly intact. The only thing in the room is the round arcane table. Even the strange box you tried to open earlier isn’t in there. You can try and hide behind the table, though.

Also I’ll take some Perception checks, if you like.

You can stall if you want. Mindra can roll a Thieves Tools check for the DC of how well she secured the door (for Lockpicking and Strength checks). It will be at minimum a 10 for the basic door lock. The door is AC 15 with 20 HP if they try and batter it down with weapons. Stall long enough and you could get your ritual and Inspiring Leader off.
Theremin Inspiring Leader 4/10 rounds[/ooc]

[MENTION=5044]Charwoman Gene[/MENTION] [MENTION=31754]Lord Twig[/MENTION] [MENTION=15132]Steve Gorak[/MENTION] [MENTION=6855204]tglassy[/MENTION] [MENTION=6865745]gargoyleking[/MENTION]

[sblock=Rolls]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Maps]
Combat Map:
Player Overview Map:

[sblock=Status]
Owyn (+3) AC 19 36/36 PP 14

[/sblock]

[sblock=Notes]
Survival:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Loot]
300 gp
[/sblock]

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
TOP OF TOWER

[OOC=]Theramin: The big boulder isn’t in the room anymore. In fact, the roof is perfectly intact. The only thing in the room is the round arcane table. Even the strange box you tried to open earlier isn’t in there. You can try and hide behind the table, though.

Also I’ll take some Perception checks, if you like.

You can stall if you want. Mindra can roll a Thieves Tools check for the DC of how well she secured the door (for Lockpicking and Strength checks). It will be at minimum a 10 for the basic door lock. The door is AC 15 with 20 HP if they try and batter it down with weapons. Stall long enough and you could get your ritual and Inspiring Leader off.
Theremin Inspiring Leader 4/10 rounds[/ooc]

OOC: FYI, inspiring leader requires 10 minutes to work and find familiar requires 1 hour + 10 minutes to cast as a ritual, not 10 rounds for both, so that's out!

Theremin will lie down, above the stairs but not where they meet the floor the party is on (above the first stair on the lower level). He'll only let the tip of his bolt and his head pop out to see, and be ready for Kobolds.

OOC: perception [roll]1d20+4 [/roll]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases