D&D 5E Heroes of Hydellor

tglassy

Adventurer
Liam sighs, rubbing his eyes. He was never going to get this ritual done.

OOC: Liam should have 31 HP total, I think. He’d have gained 7 at lvl up.

Initiative: [roll0]

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Again, Owyn's teeth flash in the darkness.

"That should probably just about do the trick. Once we're out, stay close to me. I just need to find my gear, and then we should be able to walk out of here..."

Owyn spoke with more confidence than he felt. But he took Beturea's sash and wound it strategically around the bar and giving her both ends. Then he took hold directly and gave a mighty heave.

OOC: Athletics:: 2d20k1+6 20

If possible, he'll try to break the bar free entirely rather than bend it. He might need it for a weapon or for some other purpose.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Unknown location/Tower
Seaday, Emperorweek, 2 Moon/12:24 PM
Weather: Chilly temps, light wind, light rain
Lighting: Dim to Dark: Disadvantage for Perception and Investigation unless you have a light source
Round 0

TOWER

OOC: Just need Coriana’s Initiative and then we can go. If it’s over a 19, take your turn, then it’s the kobolds.

DUNGEON

The bar groaned a bit and then popped, the old concrete giving way. Owyn caught it before it clanged loudly to the floor and was able to ease it out. The space wasn’t wide, but it would be enough for him to squeeze through. Beturea was in the next cage, however, so she wasn’t yet free.

OOC: You can use the bar as a greatclub.

[MENTION=5044]Charwoman Gene[/MENTION] [MENTION=31754]Lord Twig[/MENTION] [MENTION=15132]Steve Gorak[/MENTION] [MENTION=6855204]tglassy[/MENTION] [MENTION=6865745]gargoyleking[/MENTION]

[sblock=Rolls]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Maps]
Combat Map:
Player Overview Map:

[sblock=Status]
Coriana (+2) AC 15 24/24+5 thp PP 14
Liam (+2) AC 14 21/31 PP 14 Devil’s Sight
Mindra (+4) AC 15 14/35 PP 18 Darkvision
Owyn (+3) AC 19 36/36 PP 14
Theremin (+5) AC 15 13/27 PP 14 Darkvision
Sayine (+5) AC 15 8/14 PP 13 Darkvision, Breath, Spells (Yellow, 1/d): dancing lights, mage hand, minor illusion, color spray*, mirror image*

Engir (+2) AC 15 30/64 PP 11 Darkvision, Sunlight sensitivity
Kobold Inventor (+2) AC 12 13/13 PP 10 Darkvision, Sunlight sensitivity
Kobold 1 (+2) AC 12 8/8 PP 8 Darkvision, Sunlight sensitivity
Kobold 2 (+2) AC 12 4/4 PP 8 Darkvision, Sunlight sensitivity
[/sblock]

[sblock=Notes]
Survival:
Marching Order: Mindra, Coriana, Theremin (Sayine), Liam
Travel Pace: Normal
Travel activity: Mindra (watch), Coriana (map), Liam (watch), Theremin (watch), Sayine (watch)
Light: Dim light
[/sblock]

[sblock=Loot]
300 gp
[/sblock]

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Owyn handed the sash back as he inspected the bar. It wasn't pretty, but would do the trick until he could lay his hands on his equipment again. Then he leaned the bar against a nearby corner and set to work helping to free her as well.

OOC: Athletics:: 2d20k1+6 14

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Unknown location/Tower
Lighting: Dim to Dark: Disadvantage for Perception and Investigation unless you have a light source
Round 0

TOWER

OOC: Just need Coriana’s Initiative and then we can go. If it’s over a 19, take your turn, then it’s the kobolds.

DUNGEON

Owyn was able to remove a bar and help Beturea out of her cage. Her hands moved blindly across the front of his armor, unable to see in the dark except for that square of torchlight from the door.

“Now what?” the woman asked fearfully.

[MENTION=5044]Charwoman Gene[/MENTION] [MENTION=31754]Lord Twig[/MENTION] [MENTION=15132]Steve Gorak[/MENTION] [MENTION=6855204]tglassy[/MENTION] [MENTION=6865745]gargoyleking[/MENTION]

[sblock=Rolls]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Maps]
Combat Map:
Player Overview Map:

[sblock=Status]
Sayine (+5) AC 15 8/14 PP 13 Darkvision, Breath, Spells (Yellow, 1/d): dancing lights, mage hand, minor illusion, color spray*, mirror image*

[/sblock]

[sblock=Notes]
Survival:
Travel activity: Mindra (watch), Coriana (map), Liam (watch), Theremin (watch), Sayine (watch)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Loot]
300 gp
[/sblock]

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Owyn glanced down at her hand on his scale armor and chuckled. "Hmm, Kobolds, maybe they thought I was some sort of dragon descendant? Wouldn't that be a riot... Alright, I'm not much for plans, but I would rather not be surprised, again, if I can avoid it. Just stay behind me, and be as quiet as you can."

Then he crept to the door to take a listen and look through the window.

OOC: Stealth: [roll0]
Perception: [roll1]

That is, assuming there is a window. You mentioned something about light from a torch illuminating a small area of the room?

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Unknown location/Tower
Round 0

TOWER

OOC: I’ll RC Coriana so we can continue on. Or if someone else wants to, they can, as well. I will mostly just have her do basic attacks and cantrips and not resources, unless needed.
Initiative: 1D20+2 = [18]+2 = 20
And so she does get an attack off before the kobolds.

Coriana moved to the top of the stairs. As soon as the kobolds broke through, she let off a blast of eldritch energy, though it splattered on the remains of the door. She then prepared to meet them on the stairs where their numbers would be forced to approach individually.

Eldritch blast: 1D20+7 = [1]+7 = 8
1D10+5 = [4]+5 = 9

The armored kobold, still injured from the fight before, rushed up the stairs, angrily screaming and brandishing the spear that flickered with a cold blue flame. He stabbed it at Coriana, but she parried it away with her greatsword.

Spear attack: 1D20+3 = [5]+3 = 8
3D6+1 = [3, 1, 4]+1 = 9

The kobold behind him tried to sling a stone at Coriana, but found it difficult to get proper momentum in the stairwell and the stone clattered to the stairs.

Sling attack: 1D20+4 = [1]+4 = 5
1D4+2 = [1]+2 = 3

The next kobold tried to sling as well, and would have hit Coriana, but the stone pinged off the edge of the armored kobold’s shield and just missed her.

Sling attack: 1D20+4 = [12]+4 = 16
1D4+2 = [1]+2 = 3

At the bottom of the stairs, a kobold loaded down with all sorts of odds and ends chucked a flask at Coriana, but it was a bit too far of a throw and the flask shattered, coating the wall with sizzling acid.

Acid flask attack: 2D20.LOW(1)+4 = [1, 18]+4 = 5
2D6 = [5, 6] = 11

OOC: The players can go now. You have clear shots at the armored kobold. The kobolds behind him in the stairwell have half cover (+2 AC), though the Inventor at the back has three-quarters cover (+5 AC). If you move up to the rail along the stairwell, you can remove the cover bonus. Right now they only know Coriana is there because of your stealth rolls. And I believe someone had a good enough perception roll to notice one of the drakes is twitching.

DUNGEON

Owyn crept up to the dungeon door and peered through the small window. Beturea pressed up behind him, trying to control her breathing.

Owyn saw a small guardroom. Three kobolds were sitting around a worn wooden table throwing dice and arguing in Draconic. Owyn could see his gear stacked nearby, and occasionally one of the kobolds would pull something out and put it on the table and they would begin to argue and dice for it.

[sblock=Rolls]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Maps]
Combat Map:
Player Overview Map:

[sblock=Status]

Dungeon
Kobold A AC 12 6/6 PP 8 Darkvision, Sunlight sensitivity
Kobold B AC 12 6/6 PP 8 Darkvision, Sunlight sensitivity
Kobold C AC 12 4/4 PP 8 Darkvision, Sunlight sensitivity
[/sblock]

[sblock=Notes]
Survival:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Loot]
300 gp
[/sblock]

gargoyleking

Adventurer
"Well, the good news is there's my equipment. Only three of them, and they're distracting themselves nicely. You may want to stay in here for now, up to you though." Owyn whispered to his cellmate, then he tried the door, hoping it itself wasn't locked.

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
From his hiding place, Theremin uses his remaining magical strenght and casts a spell. He then whispers to Sayine ''Stay close my dear, I wouldn't want you to get hurt again''

OOC: Theremin casts sleep using a second level slot. [roll0]hp of creatures are affected. The spell is centered behind the armored kobolt; far enough to include it and his comrades, but not Coriana.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases