D&D 5E Heroes of Hydellor

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Unknown location/Tower
Seaday, Emperorweek, 2 Moon/12:22 PM
Weather: Chilly temps, light wind, light rain
Lighting: Dim to Dark: Disadvantage for Perception and Investigation unless you have a light source
Round 0

OOC: Looking for traps is usually Investigation for me, unless there is something relatively obvious about a trap that you could conceivably get by general awareness. At least that’s how I break it down.

Mindra finds no trap on the door, and it is not locked. She eases it open to see inside. This room seems to have been restored to its original function and only looked up to take about a quarter of the space of this level of the tower. Long tables held complex apparatuses of glassware and tubing, candles providing flames. The scent of herbs and chemicals and magic filled the air. Five kobolds cowered in the corners of the room as the spirit of the kobold sorceress went right past them and through another door, seemingly continuing her way down the stairs.

A second, interior door was there was well, closed and seemed to lead to another room.

OOC: Mindra and Theramin might want to make Stealth checks at Advantage. Coriana, too, if she’s down the stairs as well. DC is 10. If you make it, you can successfully close the door without the kobolds noticing you.

Ritual casting Find Familiar 2/10 rounds[/OOC]

@Charwoman Gene
@Lord Twig
@Steve Gorak
@tglassy

[sblock=Rolls]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Maps]
Combat Map:
Player Overview Map:

[sblock=Status]
Coriana (+2) AC 15 24/24+5 thp PP 14
Liam (+2) AC 14 14/18 PP 14 Devil’s Sight
Mindra (+4) AC 15 6/19 PP 18 Darkvision
Theremin (+5) AC 15 5/19 PP 14 Darkvision
Sayine (+5) AC 15 8/14 PP 13 Darkvision, Breath, Spells (Yellow, 1/d): dancing lights, mage hand, minor illusion, color spray*, mirror image*

Engir (+2) AC 15 30/64 PP 11 Darkvision, Sunlight sensitivity (4 rounds)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Notes]
Survival:
Marching Order: Mindra, Coriana, Theremin (Sayine), Liam
Travel Pace: Normal
Travel activity: Mindra (watch), Coriana (map), Liam (watch), Theremin (watch), Sayine (watch)
Light: Dim light
[/sblock]

[sblock=Loot]
300 gp
[/sblock]

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
OOC: Need to make a correction on the room description Mindra saw. I copied and pasted over from my notes, but that was for the tower before you messed with the table. The room Mindra saw was much as I described, the same quarter room of the tower, and the kobolds cowering from the spirit in the corners. But much of the furniture and equipment is either overturned, broken, and shows signs of disuse and layers of dust. No one has been there for a long time. Same with the stairs you are on . Sorry about that.

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
''So, is it worth risking our skin to continue?'' Theremin asks Mindra, hoping that the answer will be negative. ''I can use the last of my magical strenght to put ennemies asleep, as it may be worth our while to see where the spirit goes''

OOC: Will curiosity kill the cat? ;-)

tglassy

Adventurer
OOC: If we wait a few minutes, I can have a familiar do some scouting for us. If I can have it, my favorite familiar is a Tressym, a familiar option introduced in Storm King's Thunder, which has darkvision, proficiency in stealth and can detect invisible creatures and poisons. And it has Human level Intelligence, although it can't speak. Interestingly enough, in past editions and in the lore it can speak it's own Tressym language made up of growls and meows, but that's not mentioned in 5e. it's still a CR 0 creature, but I feel like it just looks like the perfect familiar. I'd much prefer this one, making it an angelic cat with a white with blue swirls color pattern, and blue tipped wings. It fits with Liam's angelic concept.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases