5E Heroes of Hydellor - Page 95
Page 95 of 98 FirstFirst ... 458586878889909192939495969798 LastLast
    Magsman (Lvl 14)

Coriana tries to stay with the group.

Magsman (Lvl 14)

===

Defender (Lvl 8)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Twig View Post
    After checking the door Mindra looks back to Theremin. "What do you think? Should we take a peak?"
    "Lets take a peak, but I'm in no shape for a confrontation. We take a look, and then head back to the others."

OOC: Theremin will us the help action to give Mindra advantage

Spellbinder (Lvl 16)

Unknown location/Tower
    Seaday, Emperorweek, 2 Moon/12:22 PM
    Weather: Chilly temps, light wind, light rain
    Lighting: Dim to Dark: Disadvantage for Perception and Investigation unless you have a light source
    Round 0

OOC: Looking for traps is usually Investigation for me, unless there is something relatively obvious about a trap that you could conceivably get by general awareness. At least thats how I break it down.

Mindra finds no trap on the door, and it is not locked. She eases it open to see inside. This room seems to have been restored to its original function and only looked up to take about a quarter of the space of this level of the tower. Long tables held complex apparatuses of glassware and tubing, candles providing flames. The scent of herbs and chemicals and magic filled the air. Five kobolds cowered in the corners of the room as the spirit of the kobold sorceress went right past them and through another door, seemingly continuing her way down the stairs.

A second, interior door was there was well, closed and seemed to lead to another room.

OOC: Mindra and Theramin might want to make Stealth checks at Advantage. Coriana, too, if shes down the stairs as well. DC is 10. If you make it, you can successfully close the door without the kobolds noticing you.

Ritual casting Find Familiar 2/10 rounds[/OOC]

@Charwoman Gene
    @Lord Twig
    @Steve Gorak
    @tglassy

Rolls

[sblock=Maps]
    Combat Map:
    Player Overview Map:

Status

Coriana (+2)AC 1524/24+5 thpPP 14
    Liam (+2)AC 1414/18PP 14Devils Sight
    Mindra (+4)AC 156/19PP 18Darkvision
    Theremin (+5)AC 155/19PP 14Darkvision
    Sayine(+5)AC 158/14PP 13Darkvision, Breath, Spells (Yellow, 1/d): dancing lights, mage hand, minor illusion, color spray*, mirror image*

Engir (+2)AC 1530/64PP 11Darkvision, Sunlight sensitivity(4 rounds)

Notes

Survival:
    Marching Order: Mindra, Coriana, Theremin (Sayine), Liam
    Travel Pace: Normal
    Travel activity: Mindra (watch), Coriana (map), Liam (watch), Theremin (watch), Sayine (watch)
    Light: Dim light

Loot

300 gp

Guide (Lvl 11)

Mindra quietly eases the door closed. (Hopefully. )

OOC: Stealth - (1d20+9)[29] (1d20+9)[26]

Edit: Well dang! A natural 20 and a 17.

Spellbinder (Lvl 16)

OOC: You're in the clear

Spellbinder (Lvl 16)

OOC: Need to make a correction on the room description Mindra saw. I copied and pasted over from my notes, but that was for the tower before you messed with the table. The room Mindra saw was much as I described, the same quarter room of the tower, and the kobolds cowering from the spirit in the corners. But much of the furniture and equipment is either overturned, broken, and shows signs of disuse and layers of dust. No one has been there for a long time. Same with the stairs you are on . Sorry about that.

Defender (Lvl 8)

''So, is it worth risking our skin to continue?'' Theremin asks Mindra, hoping that the answer will be negative. ''I can use the last of my magical strenght to put ennemies asleep, as it may be worth our while to see where the spirit goes''

OOC: Will curiosity kill the cat? ;-)

The Great Druid (Lvl 17)

OOC: If we wait a few minutes, I can have a familiar do some scouting for us. If I can have it, my favorite familiar is a Tressym, a familiar option introduced in Storm King's Thunder, which has darkvision, proficiency in stealth and can detect invisible creatures and poisons. And it has Human level Intelligence, although it can't speak. Interestingly enough, in past editions and in the lore it can speak it's own Tressym language made up of growls and meows, but that's not mentioned in 5e. it's still a CR 0 creature, but I feel like it just looks like the perfect familiar. I'd much prefer this one, making it an angelic cat with a white with blue swirls color pattern, and blue tipped wings. It fits with Liam's angelic concept.

Spellbinder (Lvl 16)

OOC: Is that the plan then? Liam has 8 rounds to go to get his tressym. Are you going to wait? Did you secure the door?