Have a hardcopy of AL3 A Dozen and One Adventures? I have a question!

Quickleaf

Legend
My PDF version of ALQ3 A Dozen and Ones Adventures purchased from OneBookshelf is missing an inside cover scan of the Campaign Book (where the random encounter tables would be).

Does anyone have a hardcopy they could please double check? Were those tables omitted as a printing error? Or was it a scanning error on the OneBookshelf side?

Many thanks :)

[SECTION]The encounter tables for the Weeping Desert & Krak al-Niraan are missing.

According to the second PDF (Campaign Guide) on page 4: "Finally, the inside cover of the campaign guide is packed with tables which might prove useful during play: a key to NPC abbreviations used in this text, random monster encounters for the wilderness and Krak al-Niraan and dungeon dressing to help you spice up any AL-QADIM™ adventure."

And on page 14: "Random encounter tables have been included for your convenience on the inside cover of the campaign guide."

And on page 20: "For the DM's convenience, a table of random encounters for the inner castle has been included on the inside cover of this campaign guide."

I can't find these tables anywhere![/SECTION]

BiblioTek

Explorer
I just checked my hardcopy of this (and all the other AQ box set adventures - I like Al Qadim, and own just about everything produced for it). There was no cover on the campaign guide, an oddity which was repeated in all the box sets, though not consistently: of the (usually) two booklets in each set, one had a cover, and one didn't; sometimes the campaign guide had no cover and sometimes the adventure book had no cover. I never heard any reason for this when I bought them; I still enjoyed the heck out of them, though.

Quickleaf

Legend
I just checked my hardcopy of this (and all the other AQ box set adventures - I like Al Qadim, and own just about everything produced for it). There was no cover on the campaign guide, an oddity which was repeated in all the box sets, though not consistently: of the (usually) two booklets in each set, one had a cover, and one didn't; sometimes the campaign guide had no cover and sometimes the adventure book had no cover. I never heard any reason for this when I bought them; I still enjoyed the heck out of them, though.

Thanks for confirming, BiblioTek. Much appreciated :)

Ath-kethin

Elder Thing
Confirmed.

There must have been a change of plan in the printing; in the text, they refer to a "Campaign Guide" repeatedly, but the two volumes in the box are called the "Adventure Book" and the "Campaign Book." In a few places, the text refers to tables on the inside cover of Campaign Guide, but as mentioned above the Campaign Book has no cover.

Sorry to be the verifier of bad news.

Quickleaf

Legend
Confirmed.

There must have been a change of plan in the printing; in the text, they refer to a "Campaign Guide" repeatedly, but the two volumes in the box are called the "Adventure Book" and the "Campaign Book." In a few places, the text refers to tables on the inside cover of Campaign Guide, but as mentioned above the Campaign Book has no cover.

Sorry to be the verifier of bad news.

Thanks mate! Fortunately, Cities of Bone has some tips on encounters in the Haunted Lands that I can adapt.

Remove ads