MAP FORGE - A battle-map making program like Dundjinni.

Maul

Explorer
Found this Kickstarter for a new software that looks to pick up where Dundjinni left off.

Its called MAP FORGE

MapForge is for any GM who wants to create a drool-worthy tactical-scale battlemap for any genre of RPG.

It's also suitable for tabletop miniature games and wargames.

Here is the link to the Kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/project...ap-creation-software-for-tabletop/description

To ensure that great content would be available for use in the program, an alliance was formed with some of the industry's best content creators in the field of mapmaking for RPGs. All of them are A-list artists who are well known and respected in the map-making community. They, too, saw the need for such a program, and decided to add their support. Collectively, their published work comprises a vast library of top-notch content that should cover the indoor and outdoor battlemap needs of most RPGs.

The list is as follows:

Lord Zsezse Works - Zoltán Bárány
Black Scrolls Games - Antal Kéninger
Heroic Maps - Joe & Sarah Bilton
Studio Wyldfurr - Jason Cordwell
DungeonArts - Greg Taylor
Gabriel Pickard
Steve Gaudreau

Below is a screenshot of what the interface will look like:
MapForge-Interface-Mockup-v2-Menu.png

heruca

Explorer
Thanks for posting this, Maul.

Here's the short project video, to give folks a better idea of what MapForge is all about.

[video=youtube;HJJrL51ZdaM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJJrL51ZdaM&t=9s[/video]

Blue Phoenix RPG

Publisher/Designer
I fully support this most enthusiastically! And I'm backing it! Heruca, long time no see and whatever I can do to help just let me know. The dundjinni.com site is down but the art file archives, etc are on my mirror site. It's good to know someone is carrying the torch!

heruca

Explorer
The MapForge KS campaign just keeps getting better and better, as more and more Stretch Goals are unlocked. There are now NINE free content Add-Ons, which make for an awesome "Starter Pack". And support for randomly-generated maps will be provided through Donjon. Well over 1000 backers, with 17 days to go.

I posted an Update regarding the 4 new free content packs.

Maul

Explorer
Map Forge Kickstarter is at $55,000 as of right now.

They have some "end-of-campaign" stretch goals that look awesome......including one for map tile sets from the guy who creates the map tiles for Pathfinder Map Tiles sets.

Maul

Explorer
70 Hours left and some awesome Stretch Goals to boot.

Including a map tile set from the artist who does the GameMastery Map Tiles for Paizo's Pathfinder RPG.

That in itself is EPIC!

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

heruca

Explorer
No, Maul. EPIC would be getting Paizo on board as a content provider, drawing on all the amazing assets they've amassed with their Flip Mat and Map Pack product lines.

But this is still pretty cool. :)

Remove ads