D&D 5E Storm King's Thunder

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Ordrar keeps slamming into the side of the dragon. On the first hit, the sparks leave the weapon and crawl impotently over the blue scales. But the hit is still solid adding to the tally of dragons injuries.

OOC: if 20 would hit, the dragon is prone again
OOC2: part of the rune attunement: Crushing Brand: bludgeoning weapon inscribed ignores resistance and immunity.
It doesn't specify which resistance and immunity, I'm assuming (and it makes sense) that to be bludgeoning, but if not, add 1d6 lightning damage to the total :)

Action:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Move: slide next to one other PC - give disadvantage to one dragons attack (if it happens)

Last edited:

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Wilderness near Goldenfields
Afternoon
Round 5

Dex save advantage: 2d20+6 33
Best: 20

Dren dove out of the way of the dragon’s lightning breath, easily dodging the worst of it due to the dragon’s pitiful condition. Then he moved in again, launching another rapid series of punches against the thick dragonhide, his knuckles bleeding from the tough scales, but ignoring the pain.

[sblock=Actions]
Dren Rockfist Character Sheet
Action (Extra Attack): 2 Attacks, Advantage
Unarmed, Advantage: 1d20+6 20
Unarmed, Advantage: 1d20+6 9
Best=20
Damage: 1d6+3 6

Unarmed, Advantage: 1d20+6 26
Unarmed, Advantage: 1d20+6 9
Best=Critical hit!
Critical Damage: 2d6+3 9

Bonus Action: Flurry of Blows, Advantage
Unarmed, Advantage: 1d20+6 14
Unarmed, Advantage: 1d20+6 26
Best=Critical hit!
Critical Damage: 2d6+3 8

Unarmed, Advantage: 1d20+6 11
Unarmed, Advantage: 1d20+6 11
Best=11
Damage: 1d6+3 7
Move:
Reaction: Deflect Missiles, Opportunity Attack, or Slow Fall
Object Interaction:
Conditions: Immune to fear (Calm Emotions)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
AC: 16
HP: 59/59 HD: 7/7d8+2
Ki: 3/7/R
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party Treasure]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party]
Tranio - half-elf death cleric
Fistan - human wizard
Dren - dwarf monk
Bethany - human fighter
Aremus - half-elf paladin
Ordrar - dwarf eldritch knight
[/sblock]

FitzTheRuke

Legend
A great bolt of lightning crackled around Aremus and he rose up into the air before falling unconscious on the ground.

OOC: This would be why I was wondering why everyone was taking their turns. Didn't we just get blasted with Dragon Breath? I mean, that knocks Aremus out from Full HP. (Which I'm pretty sure he was at, but now he's DOWN. 0/60 HP.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Wilderness near Goldenfields
Afternoon
Round 5

The lightning caught Dren as well, sending the dwarf’s smoking body to lie still on the ground.

[sblock=Actions]
Dren Rockfist Character Sheet
Action (Extra Attack): 2 Attacks, Advantage

Bonus Action: Flurry of Blows, Advantage

Move:
Reaction: Deflect Missiles, Opportunity Attack, or Slow Fall
Object Interaction:
Conditions: Immune to fear (Calm Emotions)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
AC: 16
HP: 0/59 HD: 7/7d8+2
Ki: 3/7/R
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party Treasure]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party]
Tranio - half-elf death cleric
Fistan - human wizard
Dren - dwarf monk
Bethany - human fighter
Aremus - half-elf paladin
Ordrar - dwarf eldritch knight
[/sblock]

Harshnag: The frost giant watches as the blast of electricity explodes the nearby field and drops several of the heroes to the ground. He begins to speak in his native tongue and the runes on the sea conch begins to glow.
The conscious party members would watch as their bodies turn to dust, wondering if this is the end. The last thing they would see is the frost giant charging the dragon before...

New Location: The group finds themselves in a dark alcove. On the floor is a large glowing glyph similar to the ones on the conch. The moist walls here are covered with bioluminescent lichen, snails, starfish, and barnacles. Tiny, harmless crabs crawl across the floor, avoiding the sigil. Everyone hears a powerful female voice accompanied by the deep, haunting tones of a masterfully played pipe organ. The music comes from within a spiral staircase on the otherside of the alcove.

OOC: Everyone gains a level for bravely fighting the main villian. You have a chance to stabilize any down heroes now too.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
OOC: You need to tell me if I'm down or not, I'm afraid. I wasn't "in melee" when the dragon breathed, but maybe you just mean part of the combat. Rolled a 22 (nat 20+2, but that probably doesn't matter) on the save, and I think the Inflict Wounds would hit. Obviously can't take 60 damage.

Maybe you can tell us who's still standing? Thanks!

FitzTheRuke

Legend
OOC: I honestly don't think it's possible for anyone to be conscious. Edit: Maybe Ordrar. Absorb Elements could have kept him up if he had more than 32 HP.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases