D&D 5E Storm King's Thunder

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"What now?! Is every silverskin friendly?" asks Ordrar, not kindly definitely, but he didn't attack the creature.

He shuts up letting the talkers talk.

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
Bethany tries to recall if she has ever heard of them through her mercenary contacts. History: [roll0]

OOC: If my mercenary contacts give me advantage...[roll1] Worth a shot...

Aremus & Bethany: You would both be aware of the history of Force Grey. Otherwise known as The Gray Hands, they are a group of elite adventurers who worked directly for the government of the city of Waterdeep. Their job was to deal with threats to the city that The Guard and The Watch could not handle without risking significant loss of life. They were called upon only as a last resort, since the Lords of Waterdeep tended to not be fond of their methods. They approached most problems in a brute force kind of way, causing collateral damage to property and infrastructure in their attempts to save as many lives as possible. A frost giant defending a human city is extremely bizarre, but just the kind of thing you'd expect from this group.

Harshnag:The newcomer would point to the conch the group now hauls. " That item you have come across will teleport you to Maelstrom, the hold of the Storm Giants deep at the bottom of the ocean. I believe there is a traitor in the royal court causing all this chaos and that they are of dragonkind."

Ordrar: "No, small one. Most silverskins would use you as a toothpick," Harshnag states.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Grudd Haug
Afternoon
Round 0

History: 1d20+3 12

Dren eyed the tall frost giant warily, but this Harshnag was showing no signs of hostility, though the dwarf didn’t doubt he would be a formidable opponent should it come to that.

“Jus’ wot kind o’ ‘elp are ye expectin’ o’ us, giant,” Dren asked skeptically.

[sblock=Actions]
Dren Rockfist Character Sheet
Action (Extra Attack):
Bonus Action:
Move:
Reaction: Deflect Missiles, Opportunity Attack, or Slow Fall
Object Interaction:
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
AC: 16
HP: 59/59 HD: 7/7d8+2
Ki: 7/7/R
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party Treasure]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party]
Tranio - half-elf death cleric
Fistan - human wizard
Dren - dwarf monk
Bethany - human fighter
Aremus - half-elf paladin
Ordrar - dwarf eldritch knight
[/sblock]

TallIan

Explorer
Fistan

Fistan greats the giant. "My own magic had told me as much. I did not think it would be a good idea to suddenly appear in the court of a dragon. Especially since the giant kingdoms seem to be is such upheaval at the moment but it might prove useful in the future."

Fistan thinks for a few seconds then asks, "Why do you think that dragons are to blame for this?"

[SBLOCK=Mini Stats]AC: 12 (15 with mage armour, 17/20 with shield)
Initiative: +2
HP: 44/44 (HD: 7/7d6)
Arcane Ward: 18/18

Offense
Spell attack: +7 to hit Spell DC: 16
Quarterstaff: +2 1d6-1B

Luck: 3/3
Healing Potion

Spells
CANTRIPS (4): FireBolt, Light, Minor Illusion, Mage Hand
LEVEL 1: (4/4): *Mage Armour, *Shield, *Fog Cloud (C), *Thunderwave, Sleep, Unseen Servant (R), Alarm (R), Find Familiar (R), Comprehend Languages (R), Identify (R)
LEVEL 2: (4/4) Flaming Sphere (C), *Misty Step, *Levitate (C), *Web(C)
LEVEL 3: (3/3) *Counterspell, *Fireball, Tiny Hut (R), Fear*
LEVEL 4: (1/1) *Polymorph[/SBLOCK]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Ordrar: "No, small one. Most silverskins would use you as a toothpick," Harshnag states.

*Scoffs* "Ha! This toothpick has been known to knock several teeth out. But I am willing to listen - we already encountered a friendly giant and his not so friendly dragon." Ordrar listens with interest and, despite apparent bravado, he respects giants strength and combat prowess. As proven by him walking slowly around the giant. Always within reach of those great axes, but making the giant reachable in one jump.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Tranio thinks accompanying Harshnag is a good idea, if only because it is likely to bring him closer to the coming Slaughter. They have immeidatly fallen into jesting with him; a sign of acceptance or wariness, he wonders.

"Hey," he nods up at their new companion. "I'm Tranio."

Fistan: "I traveled far north, to the Spine Of The World, and spoke with an oracle there," Harshnag explains. "Not a living being, but a construct called The Eye Of The All Father. When I asked what had become of The Storm King, all it showed was an ancient blue dragon." Harshnag sighs frustrated. " Dragon and giants have been enemies for centuries. Dragons destroyed our vast civilizations. I do not doubt that one would plot this."

Dren: Harshnag shakes his head. "I do not expect anything of you beyond the conch. I will be taking it. You're welcome to come along, but I understand all the reasons smallfolks wouldn't want too." The giant then looks off in the distance you were all heading. "I'm more than willing to help put down a disobedient hill giant army first."

Ordrar: "If you already survived an encounter with a dragon, then you have my respect. No toothpicks today."

Tranio: "Hey."

FitzTheRuke

Legend
"You seem like a great and powerful ally," said Aremus to Harshnag, "Would you join us as we try to drive the Hill Giants away that have been terrorising our lands? Perhaps when this task is complete, we can see about rescuing your Storm King."

He wanted to help (as he always did) but Aremus was unsure as to what he and his friends could do against an Ancient Blue Dragon.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Grudd Haug
Afternoon
Round 0

Dren was cautiously impressed. He had never heard of a frost giant wanting anything to do with lesser giants, much less stooping so low as to stop one. He could be a great help.

“Not sure wot we’d want wi’ the conch anyway,” the dwarven monk admitted. “I say let ‘im ‘ave it. Ain’t like we’d be welcome jus’ poppin’ intae some giant king’s boudoir wi’ a ‘ow-de-day! We got our own problems.” He looked back in the direction of the dam. “An’ if ‘e wants t’ ‘elp, I willnae say nae.”

[sblock=Actions]
Dren Rockfist Character Sheet
Action (Extra Attack):
Bonus Action:
Move:
Reaction: Deflect Missiles, Opportunity Attack, or Slow Fall
Object Interaction:
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
AC: 16
HP: 59/59 HD: 7/7d8+2