5E Amazon: PHB has new competition and Tales from the Yawning Portal... - Page 6
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    5ever COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    The Grand Druid (Lvl 20)

Quote Originally Posted by Jester David View Post
    Mearl's spoken statement* sounded like he meant campaign/ storyline adventures. Level 1-10+ adventures. He could mean more collections of modular dungeons or short adventures.

* It was an offhand non-written statement, which increases the odds of him mid-speaking.
    I don't think it was that offhand. But yes, that means they won't do two campaigns in a book a year anymore.

They will almost certainly do a sequel to Tales, and seem to already be planning for it.

Pit Fiend (Lvl 26)

Quote Originally Posted by TerraDave View Post
    I don't think it was that offhand. But yes, that means they won't do two campaigns in a book a year anymore.

They will almost certainly do a sequel to Tales, and seem to already be planning for it.
    My TftYP tin-foil-hat conspiracy theory does tie into this. We'll find out next spring...

One option certainly would be a More Tales from the Yawning Portal. (Personally, I hope not. It sounds like Goodman Games has people covered there.) An alternative would be a bunch of modular locations/ dungeons: the Big Book of Encounters. Or a few short semi-connected adventures that are original or non-dungeon based.
    It would also include campaigns for levels 10 to 20 or even 15 to 20. Something to play after another storyline.
    Read my webcomic & blog at:
    http://www.5mwd.com

5ever COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    The Grand Druid (Lvl 20)

Quote Originally Posted by Jester David View Post
    My TftYP tin-foil-hat conspiracy theory does tie into this. We'll find out next spring...

One option certainly would be a More Tales from the Yawning Portal. (Personally, I hope not. It sounds like Goodman Games has people covered there.) An alternative would be a bunch of modular locations/ dungeons: the Big Book of Encounters. Or a few short semi-connected adventures that are original or non-dungeon based.
    It would also include campaigns for levels 10 to 20 or even 15 to 20. Something to play after another storyline.
    It was that interview or another one, but he seemed to have in mind another book of reprints/updates.

"Best Module" lists typically have the same 25 or so adventures on them from, I would expect most or all of those to be coming from Goodman and a Tales sequel.

Defender (Lvl 8)

@TerraDave I always greatly appreciate your tracking of these charts. Thank you. I do have a question: I cannot for the life of me find any timestamps in Enworld forums posts (am I missing them??? I can't believe they don't exist!) If you think of it when you post the numbers, it would be awesome to mention the date you posted it.

The Grand Druid (Lvl 20)

Quote Originally Posted by SigmaOne View Post
    @TerraDave I always greatly appreciate your tracking of these charts. Thank you. I do have a question: I cannot for the life of me find any timestamps in Enworld forums posts (am I missing them??? I can't believe they don't exist!) If you think of it when you post the numbers, it would be awesome to mention the date you posted it.
    I noticed they disappeared too. A victim of the latest maintenance?

5ever COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    The Grand Druid (Lvl 20)

Quote Originally Posted by SigmaOne View Post
    ??

The time and date are there, including for your own post.

I see them on the left side above the name of the poster.

Defender (Lvl 8)

Quote Originally Posted by TerraDave View Post
    ??

The time and date are there, including for your own post.

I see them on the left side above the name of the poster.
    Can I ask what browser you are using? I see nothing but a little white box above the name of each poster (in the darker blue bar at the top... perhaps this is where it is supposed to be and there is an error in Chrome).

Edit: I've just checked in the Edge browser as well, and I see only I white box with that as well. Another possibility is that somehow it is a forum setting?

Edit: Here's a screenshot:
    Attached Files Attached Files  
    Last edited by SigmaOne; Sunday, 23rd April, 2017 at 07:55 PM.

The Great Druid (Lvl 17)

Seem to be theme dependent (bottom left of page). I changed to Legacy and now I seem them. But they do not show on Reborn

Defender (Lvl 8)

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Seem to be theme dependent (bottom left of page). I changed to Legacy and now I seem them. But they do not show on Reborn
    Thanks, that works. I like the reborn theme better, but I'll stick with legacy until I hear reborn is fixed.
    @TerraDave sorry for hijacking your thread, and once again thank you for posting the numbers periodically. Aside from the periodic ICv2 reports, the Amazon numbers are the best trend indicators I know of.

I have to admit, as someone who came back to D&D in 2013 with the 5e playtest, after 20 years away, three years into the release of 5e I'm feeling a bit smug regarding about how the edition has worked out so far. It seemed there was so much acrimony and nay-saying, so much negativity, and so much fracturing of the community (of which some surely still exists, which is fine), so much back-seat driving of the designers and development. I know there is still a while before time proves the goals for the edition have been met, but I'm just glad so many people are happily playing D&D and entering the world of RPGS. Happy to see the game and the hobby are doing well.
    XP LordEntrails, MNblockhead, oknazevad gave XP for this post

Eye see you little fishie
    A 1e title so awesome it's not in the book (Lvl 21)

There is a thread in the support forum.