D&D 5E The big mechanical expansion

Paul Smart

Explorer
Hi everyone.

A big mechanical expansion is comming relatively soon for 5th edition. What do you hope, dream, want,etc to be in it? What would you like to see expanded upon? What classes, subclasses, races, feats etc would you like to see.

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
Let's see.

I would like to see the following-

1. More tables.
2. References to other books that are not yet completed.
3. Even more tables.
4. Appendices; did you know that after you get to the Z appendix, you go to AA appendix? Yeah, that!
5. Tables that cross-reference other tables.
6. Words that I like. Antipathy. Chrysoprases. Libram. Dweomer. Syndicracy. Antipathy. Brazier.
7. Tables that require percentile rolls.
8. Gatekeeping for abilities and classes; you know, like, "You can have psionics if you roll 99-100 on d%," or "You can play a Warlord, Brad, if you are at least 8' tall. Not your Goliath character ... you, Brad."
9. Cooler tables, and more of them.
10. No index. Indices are for PEOPLE THAT KAN'T REED GUD.
11. A lot of crunch that I will not use, like the average tunneling distance of a Norker mine worker, expressed in cubits per fortnight. Preferably in ... a table.
12. Addition of new abilities that are thoroughly incompatible with the base rules. How about a seventh ability! That would be so ... perfect.
13. More tables than Ikea has meatballs ... or tables.

That about covers it.
You're bad, and you should feel bad. To see how bad, roll 1d100.

01-25: Bad
26-50: Really bad
51-75: Really really bad
76-90: Uncomfortably bad
91-98: Horrendously bad
99: Roll twice, ignoring any results of 99
00: DM's choice (but seriously, it's bad)

Some setting-specific subclasses, backgrounds, and races/racial feats would probably be the most useful thing that they haven't shown in the UA's (there are more settings that just FR and Eberron, you know).

A DM section with some Book of Vile Darkness/Exalted Deeds type stuff. 5e default handles shades of grey pretty well, but it could use some love for extra bright/extra dark campaigns.

Remove ads