Starfinder STARFINDER Minis & Starship Combat Demo

There were a couple of Starfinder updates from Paizo last night. First off, Paizo has announced a range of Starfinder miniatures which will be produced by Ninja Division Publishing. These will be prepainted minis for both characters and starships. Secondly, the Starfinder starship combat system was previewed by designer Jason Bulmahn at the GAMA trade show (image of that below - no other info, I'm afraid!) Those following along with the Starfinder news probably already know that the game releases August 2017, and that the core rulebook has been available for preorder since January.

C62poiUV0AESfL0.jpg

SaveSave

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
another 2-d space combat game? I feel nostalgic for Mayday https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/4317/mayday at least that game attempted to get the physics right

I haven't played many, to be sure, but I've not played a tabletop starship game which used the third dimension which really added to the game; I've always found it slows things down, looks clumsy on the table, and doesn't really increase my enjoyment. Like I said, though, I haven't played them all!

I do like newtonian physics in games - turning circles based on speed, momentum unless you change it, that sort of thing, as long as it doesn't get too much like geometry homework.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases