D&D Beyond Beta: Your First Thoughts Thread!

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
Would be nice to have content cross-linked. E.g., click on "Frightened" in a monster entry and be brought to a page on the Frightened condition. Other than that, so far it look nice and will be useful in game prep. On-line only, however, may be a deal breaker. When character building becomes available, I want to be able to access my character sheets from a tablet even in location where there is no wifi.

dropbear8mybaby

Banned
Banned
Would be nice to have content cross-linked. E.g., click on "Frightened" in a monster entry and be brought to a page on the Frightened condition. Other than that, so far it look nice and will be useful in game prep. On-line only, however, may be a deal breaker. When character building becomes available, I want to be able to access my character sheets from a tablet even in location where there is no wifi.

Yeah, that is definitely a missed opportunity and something I really hope they improve on later on. I'd actually prefer it to be a hover over but even a link that opens a new window would be OK.

Post this suggestion to their feedback forum page. Hopefully they'll notice it.

Koren n'Rhys

Explorer
I'm pretty happy with what I'm seeing so far, spells and monsters easy to search, sort and read. I completely agree with this though - I was very surprised to see that things weren't cross-linked throughout the compendium. Having to go back to the index page and drill back down to find things was disappointing.

epithet

Explorer
It hasn't launched, it won't until sometime over the summer. It is currently in beta. They have been pretty straightforward about that, it's kinda hard to miss.
No kidding? Thanks, Captain Obvious!

I'll clarify: I would not have expected DDB to be opened for public comment in this beta test iteration without both a search function for the compendium of rules and links to referenced rules from within compendium pages. I do hope that clears up my meaning for you.

Dire Bare

Legend
Heh, heh. Yeah, I know.

My point is that software in beta often have missing features, either because they were not obvious to include or they are planned for a later update. To point out that the software would be improved with this feature is awesome and part of the point of beta, but to express disdain that it isn't there now is a bit silly.

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases